Prosta-Q or BP-QMAX?

Tell us about how you are beating this
BabelFish

Prosta-Q or BP-QMAX?

Post by BabelFish »

Hi brothers,

Just joined this site after having given up on doctors... they all tell me I have prostatitis and that "it's ok" and that "many man have those symptoms"...wtf??? NO IT'S NOT OK!!!! They make me feel that because I'm relatively young (33 y/o), I should suck it up and not worry... They usually give me Cipro, which has been a joke....

Anyway, my urinary symptoms correspond 100% to BPH symptoms , while my pain symptoms correspond to Chronic Prostatitis. From researching this forum, it appears that Prosta-Q helps more with the pain, while BP-Qmax helps more with urinary symptoms. Has anyone taken them together? Has anyone experienced both pain relief AND urinary improvements by taking only one of them? I can deal with the occasional pain shooting up my penis, but I don't want to deal with the urinary symptoms anymore (going often, split stream, dribbling, going 2-3 times at night, etc)...

Thanks
DOB: Jan 1978, Diagnosed with Chronic Prostatitis in 2001, however symptoms started in early teens. | Symptoms: constant problems urinating (split stream, dribbling, going often, going 2-3 times at night, etc); intermittent acute pain in shaft and area between anus and groin, usually exacerbated by cold weather.
BabelFish

Re: Prosta-Q or BP-QMAX?

Post by BabelFish »

Just found this on the Farr Labs website:

Prosta-Q has helped me, but I still have urinary symptoms?
Some men find that Prosta-Q is more effective for their pain than for their urinary symptoms. I have found that combining Prosta-Q with an alpha blocker (eg Flomax, Uroxatral) and/or BP-Qmax (another product from Farr Laboratories) is a helpful approach for these men.

So, if I take both, what is the recommended dose/regimen?
DOB: Jan 1978, Diagnosed with Chronic Prostatitis in 2001, however symptoms started in early teens. | Symptoms: constant problems urinating (split stream, dribbling, going often, going 2-3 times at night, etc); intermittent acute pain in shaft and area between anus and groin, usually exacerbated by cold weather.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

That's the first time I've even heard of BP-Qmax. Email Farr Labs on that one, and post the answer here, thanks.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NAMEBuy 1 get 1 FREE!
Q-Urol
BP-Qmax
Triverex + Trinoboost
MultiRight
Use code 50UROL18
Use code 50QMAX19
Use code 30TRIN456
Use code 2Multi3295

HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Donate to keep us online for others!
Every dollar helps
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
BabelFish

Post by BabelFish »

Done. Will report back as soon as I hear from them.
BabelFish

Post by BabelFish »

Farr Labs replied and they said they can be taken together in their normal doses (2 pills a day each). Looking at the labels, the different ingredients are beta-systerol and pygeum in BP-QMAX vs zinc and cranberry in Prosta-Q. Given that I do take zinc in my centrum pill, I think I can skip the cranberry and just take BP-QMAX, since my symptoms are mostly urinary. Any thoughts on this logic? I know it's linear logic and I might be missing something, so please offer any insights or opinions.
Thanks.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Seems logical!
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
PRODUCT NAMEBuy 1 get 1 FREE!
Q-Urol
BP-Qmax
Triverex + Trinoboost
MultiRight
Use code 50UROL18
Use code 50QMAX19
Use code 30TRIN456
Use code 2Multi3295

HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Donate to keep us online for others!
Every dollar helps
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
chewydog
Beginner
Beginner

Post by chewydog »

BabelFish wrote:Hi brothers,

Just joined this site after having given up on doctors... they all tell me I have prostatitis and that "it's ok" and that "many man have those symptoms"...wtf??? NO IT'S NOT OK!!!! They make me feel that because I'm relatively young (33 y/o), I should suck it up and not worry... They usually give me Cipro, which has been a joke....

Anyway, my urinary symptoms correspond 100% to BPH symptoms , while my pain symptoms correspond to Chronic Prostatitis. From researching this forum, it appears that Prosta-Q helps more with the pain, while BP-Qmax helps more with urinary symptoms. Has anyone taken them together? Has anyone experienced both pain relief AND urinary improvements by taking only one of them? I can deal with the occasional pain shooting up my penis, but I don't want to deal with the urinary symptoms anymore (going often, split stream, dribbling, going 2-3 times at night, etc)...

Thanks
I started with Prosta-Q, twice per day, and had relief after a few months, I took it for 3 months then switched to Q-Urol for 2 months twice a day, now I just went to 1 per day. My bladder issues are totally gone, still having a slight burn once in awhile tho. But I happy to say no more bladder issues!!!!!

Have faith, I never thought I'd get to this stage!!!!
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
BabelFish

Post by BabelFish »

UPDATE: been taking BP-QMAX for about 7 weeks now. Dribbling is gone; Pain in shaft is gone; frequency has decreased, but I still go often because I drink a lot of liquids during the day (coffee, tea, milk, water, protein shakes, lots of watery fruits & vegetables) and I eat a high protein diet which is diuretic...despite all that, I am not going as often as before... At night, I now go once and when I don't eat a big salad before going to bed, I don't go at all.

Definitely recommend BP-QMAX for urinary issues. Helped with pain as well.