Scammer alerts, reviews!
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Dr. Moldwin's "4 Step" Protocol for CPPS

Post by webslave »

Tascam, most people defecate incorrectly. Here's the right way:
  1. Squat rather than sit, if you can.
  2. Most importantly, breathe with the stomach, not the chest, and don't push at all. You'll find that if you simply sit there and breathe deeply with the diaphragm, expanding the abdomen rather than chest, the bowel motion will happen without pushing, without strain. Try it.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
tascam
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tascam »

I usually sit in a squat position with my feet on top of phone books to raise them up; I will try you advice because the straining is causing flares. I am beginning to think that's what caused this whole thing to begin with in addition to my excess sex
Age: 52 | Onset Age: 52 | Symptoms: fairly constant groin "burning", not really related to urination (it feels better after I do it), some post ejaculation soreness.Helped By: hot baths, relaxation, Xanax | Worsened By: too many orgasms, anything but really gentle sex, driving and other stressful activities. Tried: Multiple antibiotic, although I never went more than 2 weeks on any particular one. Did I need 4 to six weeks on Cipro, for example? Prosta Q, PEENUTS, experimenting with Chinese herbs now. Suggestions are welcomed.
atma
Beginner
Beginner

Post by atma »

The one thing I could not give up throughout this whole process is the weight training. It has been a serious part of my life for 17-18 years. I felt if I stopped, it would affect me psychologically. I do however, believe it has sometimes irritated my condition. The gym is a place that allows me one location for stretching, low-impact cardio, weights, and yoga.

I might have healed faster if I had given up the weights, but the fact that I have improved over the past year, allows me the ability to keep training. I have drastically changed my weight training and removed most if not all of the mass building sets. In addition, certain exercises seem to exacerbate my condition. For example, Pull-ups, push-ups, or sitting bicep exercises seem to minimize the pain. However, exercises where I recruit many support muscles (to stabilize the core) like flat bench press, and squats (very light weight) seem to immediate increase the pain.

We each have our own threshold and our own time-line. If the pain does not get worse over time, weight training can be made to be part of your protocol. I would abstain from ab exercises in general, though.

Take care,
ATMA
Age: 37 | Onset Age: 36 From: TX | Symptoms: Tingling, burning, aching, piercing pain in the thighs, scrotum, perineum, abs, and waistline. Insomnia and Constipation on an occasion. | Helped By: (Initially)Ice, Cardio. (NOW)Baclofen, Phenibut, Magnesium | Worsened By: Stress. Unsure if diet affects my condition.
damcarro

Post by damcarro »

I have been a guest on this forum for a while and just became a member. I am interested in the "working out" subject. I went to the Wise Clinic in May. They advise working out...cardio, light weights if weights at all. Swimming was huge for me to a point where I thought I was completely pain free most of the time. I stopped swimming everyday and went jet skiing a few weekends ago and flared right back up. The jet skis were a very intense work out on my legs. Anyways I wanted to start working out again so I rode an exercise bike the other day for 15 min. Next day I was hurting bad but it faded. I think you have to regain some muscle in the pelvic area. However, the main reason I am posting is to say this:

DO NOT DO AB EXERCISES!!!

This is what caused my onset a year ago. Doing leg lifts, felt my lower abdomen spasming but kept on going thinking it would just make it stronger. Horrible mistake. Most of my trigger points (intense ones) are in my lower abdomen.

I am curious to hear from others about exercising. What helps, what doesn't.

Thanks
Age: 24 | Onset Age: 23 | Symptoms: Pain in the perineum, pain after ejaculation, pain in testicles, penis, pubic area, abdomen, some dribbling and frequency...mostly pain. | Helped By: Wise Protocol, valuim, alcohol (when drinking) | Worsened By: alcohol (next day), I believe it increases my anxiety levels when hungover at all. Over exertion of exercise, anxiety, catostrophic thinking
JTC1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by JTC1 »

Damcarro-
That has been my exact experience. I can do light weights and some forms of aerobic exercise (biking with the right saddle does not seem to make things worse). Ab workouts are probably what caused this for me - I still have pain / trigger points in my lower abs on the right side. One thing for sure - what works for one person can be a real problem for another. Also, what caused problems for me a year ago seem to be tolerated now. I want to start swimming more as it seems to be a total body workout that does not cause a flare in most people. I tried to take up down hill skiing last year - major mistake as the falls on my butt caused flares the next day. Maybe XC skiing this year.
Age: 44 | Onset Age: 43 | Symptoms: Steady burning in the perineum. Left side (Pudendal Nerve?) worse - almost no pain on right side. Mild ED. Urine often is split stream at start. Unknown cause - Profile seems a bulls-eye for this issue - I am serious cyclist, weight lift, and suffer mild constipation, and sit all day at office. Bicyclist for years without a problem - started frequent hard weight lifting - then suffered perineum pain. | Helped By: Sleep - I wake up every morning with NO symptoms. Symptoms present everyday while sitting, after BM, etc.. Hot bath helps. Moment-to-moment relaxation helps ( I tend to clench my pelvic floor when concentrating or stress). This board helps - reading other (PNA) boards make things worse. Being distracted helps. Sex is OK. Have only had external pelvic floor PT - only one Pelvic floor PT in my area. | Worsened By: Bowel Movement, sitting for extended periods, some weight workouts, sometimes cycling .
pminturn
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pminturn »

coppertop wrote:
1. No "pushing". This include bearing down, such as with weight lifting, holding tension in your belly, clenching teeth, or even "sucking it in" to put on pants or impress the ladies at the beach. Focus on learning to relax and "drop" the pelvic floor frequently.
I never noticed how much I clenched my teeth until I started trying moment-to-moment relaxation. Clenching my teeth has been my biggest sign that I'm tensing my body as a whole. Aside from the internal PT, it has been the biggest reason for my huge improvement in symptoms.
Age: 31 | Onset Age: 25 for pain, 28 for urinary symptoms | Symptoms: right suprapubic pain (intermittent) radiating into right testicle and lower right back, frequent and urgent urination, sitting on golf ball feeling | Helped By: stretching, moment-to-moment relaxation | Worsened By: anxiety, stress, being on my feet for too long
robertpagen
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by robertpagen »

Moldwin is a very good man and Urologist
Age: 43 | Onset Age: 17 | Symptoms: previously: constant urgency, premature ejaculation, burning at tip of penis, pelvic ache current: semi annual flares. | Helped By: PT, yoga, stretch, keeping warm(long johns) boxer briefs, regular sleep routine | Worsened By: cystoscopy, antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) alcohol, coffee, stress, masturbation, cold
NYanchuk
Beginner
Beginner

Post by NYanchuk »

Good info on weights etc. I have found that pushups/pullups are actually good for me too, and that any abs stuff in usually bad news, but this is good to hear from other people. One thing I've been thinking, is how often "in nature" are we humans meant to work our abs like that?
Age: 26 - | Onset Age: 23 - | Symptoms: painful urination, painful ejaculation, cold penis, chronic pain through perenial area and penis esp. at tip of penis, penis desensitization, general pelvic discomfort and pain, dribbling, shooting pains up to abs, VERY easy loss of erection - | Worsened By: cold, sexual activity, alcohol, stress/stressful/strenuous activity, heavy lifting, concentrated urine, marajuana, hiking downhill, running - No Effect: stretching, acupuncture, mindfullness, relaxation, meditation, a blockers (alfuzosin, tamsulosin), antibiotics, painkiller, muscle relaxents, valerian root, quercetin (3 months...tried twice), low oxylate diet, herbal tinctures - Currently Trying: Lyrica 450mg/day + Tegretol 600mg/day. Seems to help a little, but the withdrawal + possibilities of worse pain make it scary to go off...