Role of α1-blockers in chronic prostatitis syndromes-review

Latest research and happenings
Caretaker

Role of α1-blockers in chronic prostatitis syndromes-review

Post by Caretaker »

Age: 37 | Onset Age: 37 | Symptoms: variable but include: frequency to urinate, discomfort in tip of penis (including occasional tingling), pelvic pain, pain in left inner leg/left testis, heat and sweat between legs | Helped By: Q-Urol or Prosta-Q, taurine, hot bath, not sitting long hours, red wine (high in Quercetin I think, which reduces voiding a lot), stretching legs, pidgeon pause | Worsened By: sitting long hours, sitting in car .

Now I am cured!! Search for my posts on Harachair and squatting. I believe the symptoms are all caused by a misalignment of the pelvic bones that strains the muscles.
Paso
Old Hand
Old Hand

Re: Role of α1-blockers in chronic prostatitis syndromes-review

Post by Paso »

I do not get it. Is this not old stuff? Alpha blockers has been used forever on this with limited success?
Age:34 | Onset Age:29 | Symptoms: Suprapubic burning on and off, frequency on and off, Dribbling, | Helped By: PT for sure has helped me, stretching, Baking Soda, drinking lots of water, Omega 3 | Worsened By: Concentrated urine, Coffee, Stress...
carld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by carld »

I will speak for my self here. I was on them for 1 year and it made no difference in the irritative nature of this condition. Bottom line is, relaxing the pelvic floor and allowing the nerves to heal over time and working on the relaxing aspect and avoiding irritatives is key for me. :smile:
I am not a medical doctor. Please fill out your signature (click here) ☼ ☼ My Starter List for new members
I encourage anxiety prone UCPPS people to consider L-Theanine
Age, 44 onset age 37 Feb 2006 Freq. need to urinate. Sensation of having to urinate soon after going. Perineum discomfort/burning/tightness, pubic area discomfort @ times,poor urine stream, post urine dripping/spray. All symptoms have improved with my protocol. At the worst I give it a 1 to 2 on irritation and discomfort and frequency. Helps: Elavil 5mg for anxiety and mast cell protection, (will only take it as needed) self internal PT as needed, stretching, walking, stairmaster cardio workout and light weights, reducing stress, moment to moment relaxation, deep breathing relaxation and using a Theracane. Makes worse: sitting for long periods, stress, over focusing on it. Currently 95%-98% recovered. Stay positive, relaxed and control your anxiety.
kevin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by kevin »

This is just a review article looking at everything we know so far about alpha blockers. Nothing new here.
Started: Spring 2003; high urinary frequency and pain associated with bladder filling; urinary hesitancy; pubic/prostate/perineal discomfort; Helped by: trigger point therapy, Afrin nasal spray, Cymbalta, hydrocodone (small doses), distraction. Makes worse: sex.

Not medical advice. Consult your doctor.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

kevin wrote:This is just a review article looking at everything we know so far about alpha blockers. Nothing new here.
The abstracts says:
The National Institute of Health and the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases are currently conducting a large phase III trial in 272 newly diagnosed and α1-blocker-naïve CP/CPPS patients randomized to received alfuzosin 10 mg once daily or placebo for 12 weeks.
I don't think there was ever any phase III study. Rather the drugs were prescribed off-label.

CT
Age: 37 | Onset Age: 37 | Symptoms: variable but include: frequency to urinate, discomfort in tip of penis (including occasional tingling), pelvic pain, pain in left inner leg/left testis, heat and sweat between legs | Helped By: Q-Urol or Prosta-Q, taurine, hot bath, not sitting long hours, red wine (high in Quercetin I think, which reduces voiding a lot), stretching legs, pidgeon pause | Worsened By: sitting long hours, sitting in car .

Now I am cured!! Search for my posts on Harachair and squatting. I believe the symptoms are all caused by a misalignment of the pelvic bones that strains the muscles.
kevin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by kevin »

Right; that may be the case, but this does not present any new research results. There are no results yet to the phase III trial. My post was not a criticism of the article you posted; I was just responding to Paso's question. Thanks for posting that interesting review.
Started: Spring 2003; high urinary frequency and pain associated with bladder filling; urinary hesitancy; pubic/prostate/perineal discomfort; Helped by: trigger point therapy, Afrin nasal spray, Cymbalta, hydrocodone (small doses), distraction. Makes worse: sex.

Not medical advice. Consult your doctor.