Review: Wise-Anderson Protocol Clinic MP5 Player

New here? Please read before posting questions
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Review: Wise-Anderson Protocol Clinic MP5 Player

Post by webslave » Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 am

This is a multi-part review of the multimedia MP5 player that is given to patients enrolling in the Wise-Anderson Protocol clinic in California. The player contains all the materials necessary to master the Paradoxical Relaxation techniques taught at the clinic.

This is not a branded player, but the external fit and finish is high. It probably comes from the same factory in China that sells well-known branded players. If someone recognizes the brand, email me at webmaster at chronicprostatitis.com.

UNBOXING

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Review: Wise-Anderson Protocol Clinic MP5 Player

Post by webslave » Sat May 05, 2012 8:13 am

In the next week, I'll follow up with a review of the functioning and contents of the player.

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Tue May 08, 2012 2:28 am

The unit also comes with an instruction manual written by Dr Wise, in case the manufacturer's manual is not clear. Here are some sample pages from the manual.

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Wed May 09, 2012 6:08 am

This is the main screen of the unit.

For the purposes of the Clinic, you will only use the VIDEO and AUDIO functions.

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Wed May 09, 2012 6:28 am

For completeness, here are the other two main screens of the unit, accessed by swiping across the screen with your finger (like an iPad).

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Wed May 09, 2012 6:45 am

Here we open a mp3 file (Audio), the first of 52 such files, spoken by CPPS expert psychologist, Dr David Wise.

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Wed May 09, 2012 7:06 am

In the Video section there is 1.9GB of video instruction, broken down like so
  • Internal Myofascial Trigger Point Release
    1. Part I and II Critical information for user about the Wand
    2. Critical Information for the User about Recalibrating the Wand
    3. Instructions for Wand Use - Lying on Back and Side
  • External Myofascial Trigger Point Release
    1. Assessment and Self-treatment on Trigger Point Release - Lying on Side
    2. Assessment and Self-treatment on Trigger Point Release - Lying on Back
    3. Key Stretches for Pelvic Pain

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Fri May 11, 2012 9:26 am

Here are some screenshots from the videos

Dr David Wise explains the design and workings of the Wise-Anderson Protocol Wand

Recalibrating the Wise-Anderson Protocol Wand

Tim Sawyer instructs female patient on use of the Wise-Anderson Protocol Wand

Tim Sawyer identifies external trigger points in male patient

Tim Sawyer instructs male patient on use of Theracane to treat external trigger points

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Sat May 12, 2012 6:17 am

This unit is based on the same units that are used for in-car GPS devices. The quality is not iPod or iPhone level, but is acceptable and completely functional. The screen is resistive, so it's not as sensitive to the touch as the glass capacitative screens you get on tablet computers and smartphones. Technophiles may wish for something snazzier and glitzier, but this is, for me, a unit entirely suited unto its task.

The real value is in the material included, which is priceless, if you are suffering from debilitating pelvic pain. It delivers an effective solution within the constraints of cost and copyright.

From my point of view, it does the intended job, without flaw, so it's a winner.

Two thumbs up! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Mike Kavo

Post by Mike Kavo » Tue May 29, 2012 3:35 pm

The content is frankly amazing! This is a game changer for CPPS. There has never been an attempt to go from a written text into modern media for this protocol. If this home kit comes into sale it is going to change many lives. :smile: I am pretty sure these will be in high demand from patients!

I am particularly impressed with and enjoying the audio relaxation materials. I have never heard the like of these before. That is a gem. People are going to love that material! It is so easy to do relaxation feel better stop then flare when you go back to stress and thus tensing/protection cycle. Especially for young people active in work and family life. This audio content gives a home, a place to go, for when we are in flare so we are not alone. We can then start to get the flare under control - again. The understanding from Dr. Wise is unique. I would doubt anyone has a therapist this skilled in pelvic relaxation and since he is only one man and can not see us all this brings his world of relaxation to all of us!

The Physio is all well recognised technique I have seen in the UK tweaked for CPPS and especially the internal areas. This stuff has never been seen before even in books for CPPS. This will be familiar yet new to most people. It is much more direct than any Physio work I have ever had in the UK. The focus is far superior.

What is really great is all the content will be familiar to practising therapists as it is based on well proven therapies. So if you have your own team they will understand what they are seeing and help move their therapy more in line with Wise-Anderson Protocol. This is a huge game changer for people out there wishing to do this!

The best thing is this work creates a home for people to help themselves. There is NOTHING on the market to treat CPPS but Wise-Anderson Protocol and well the molecular experiment factory of working in the dark urologists. Until the latter can prove themselves this little box should become our standard treatment protocol guide.

Lastly I see no need to visit a clinic for this to be useful! I was worried without a clinic it would be confusing. Not at all - it is very well done and easy to understand. I had no issues understanding it. It is like having a CPPS clinic in your own home!

I hope this is only the start and we get upgrades as we go but WOW what a start! Very exciting! Hope to see more people have access to it soon and discuss it!
Age: 32 | Onset Age: 22 | Symptoms: Pain | Helped By: Sleeping, Relaxation, Exercise, Stretching, Tramadol (Bad Flare Only Generally Prefer No Chemistry), Good Diet, Quercetin, Fish Oil | Worsened By: Stress, Too Much Ejaculation, Protection Response

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Update: Dr Wise has replaced this unit with a 4GB Minipad.