PelvicFloor Botox in British Columbia

Scammer alerts, reviews!
CTodd

PelvicFloor Botox in British Columbia

Post by CTodd »

I'm just curious if there are any urologists or surgeons available in the BC area who perform Pelvic Floor Botox injections. I have seen countless Uros, and they all can't see beyond Flomax or antibiotics and those who do perform surgeries can only go as far as intra bladder injections which wouldn't help me. I'm just baffled at why no one has fixed this, when the cause (Muscle tension/spasm) seems so obvious. I'm only 21, and I've had this for almost 2 years. I don't want to spend my life with an illness when a cure seems so close but the entire medical system seems so indifferent about it.

I'd be willing to go to Washington for this, maybe even somewhere in eastern Canada if someone's had luck with Botox there. I'm just tight for funds as I'm a student, and to spend thousands of dollars for an experimental operation that may or may not last and might not even work if misconducted PLUS travel costs would destroy me.

Any response, no matter how condescending or useless is appreciated, I'm just looking for some hope.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: PelvicFloor Botox in British Columbia

Post by webslave »

The University of Washington ran a trial of this treatment, funded by Microsoft founder Paul Allen.
http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00194623

That's not far from you and they may still have the people with the expertise to perform this.
http://depts.washington.edu/uroweb/

The go-to guy is Rick Berger ( http://depts.washington.edu/uroweb/dire ... erger.html ) but I hear he is in poor health and/or retired.

Oops, I see they no longer do these injections:
viewtopic.php?p=40080#p40080

However, it's an excellent center and may have other ideas or trials for you.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
CTodd

Post by CTodd »

@ Webslave;
Thank you so much for the response, yeah I read that article and a few others over a year ago. They're probably the only reason I'm still alive. As for Berger; I read he's retired, but I might check if he knows anyone, or if UW still would perform the operation. I'm trying to keep consultations and ideas in Canada though, as it's free and I'd rather only pay money if something's being done. I still have some ideas on the backburner; like checking for bladder neck hypertrophy (which the Uro who did a cytoscopy refused to check for despite my protests) or having a pressure flow test or check my PVR. I'm not too sure what do do anymore, and thinking about it makes it worse. I guess if anyone has any other ideas, that'd help me more than they know.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

If anyone is doing this in Canada, Curtis Nickel will know. Give his office a call and ask his receptionist to ask him for you.
qwertyu1234567

Post by qwertyu1234567 »

Hi, I suffer 3 year from pelvis pain only while sitting (no other symptoms) -I can't sit and it makes me crazy because all the social activities are made by sitting. I was thinking a lot about the cause of this problem and I realize that I had a bad habit: sometimes before I was going to sleep I tried urinate even though that my bladder was empty (I force myself to pee..). Do you think that such thing can cause this problem? The source of the pain come from the prostate or the pelvis muscle? Can Botox injection can help? Please answer
My age is 27. 3 years suffering from intolerable pain in the pelvic area only while sitting. No pain when urinate or ejaculation. While sitting, after a few minutes I feel a deep pain in the butt and feel as if no blood flows to the area, so I had to stand. If I sit 1 hour sequence I think I would faint from the pain. Medical examinations did not show anything.
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by critthinker »

CTodd -- there aren't many doctors who know what they're doing when it comes to Botox. I'd recommend checking out Dr. Jerome Weiss in San Francisco. He's one of the few doctors I've met who I trust with regard to injections.
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

qwertyu1234567 -
  1. Please ask your question in your own thread
  2. Fill out your signature or you will get few answers
  3. Fill out your location as well
  4. If English is not your home language, use a translation engine, such as the one at Google, to help you write posts (I had to edit your post extensively to make it readable)
qwertyu1234567

Post by qwertyu1234567 »

done..
My age is 27. 3 years suffering from intolerable pain in the pelvic area only while sitting. No pain when urinate or ejaculation. While sitting, after a few minutes I feel a deep pain in the butt and feel as if no blood flows to the area, so I had to stand. If I sit 1 hour sequence I think I would faint from the pain. Medical examinations did not show anything.