Seattle area urologists and therapists

Scammer alerts, reviews!
outofpaper

Seattle area urologists and therapists

Post by outofpaper »

Any recommendations please? Please PM me if you don't want to say publicly.

I posted on the local referrals forum, but it seems to get way less traffic, so I hope it's OK for me to post here.
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By: | Other comments:
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Seattle area urologists and therapists

Post by webslave »

As far as uros go, see if he is still available (Richard Berger)
http://depts.washington.edu/uroweb/dire ... erger.html
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
outofpaper

Post by outofpaper »

He retired. :(
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

They have a good urology department.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
gmccormack
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gmccormack »

FYI

I called over there about 2 month ago, spoke with Berger's former assistant and they do not do Botox injections for chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome anymore, which is shame because I know he had seems some good benefits with this in some patients.

I know on Moldwin's (in NY) site he does intrapelvic Botox injections, likely similar to the ones Berger was doing.
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by Jay »

There is also someone in Miami/Coral Gables who does Botox for the pelvic floor. I don't have their name handy, but I'll try to find out via my PT.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
we.the.hulk
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by we.the.hulk »

Gmcc
Reading through an earlier post of yours about Botox. Looks like you had consulted someone about it.
Jay and a couple other members were responding to your post and politely trying to dissuade you.
Anyway... I assume you've not tried it, if you are contacting UW about it.
I found this article http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00194623
That looked promising. Done in 04 in Seattle (UW). Claims all participants "reported resolution of symptoms."
Anyway. Old study. Any idea why they pulled the plug?
Also. Any reason you have not tried Jerome Weiss.
I'm coming around to your way of thinking. Need some short term relief to get a handle on this thing and practice hitp protocol.
Hopefully heading next month to Sebastopol.
Age: 40 | Onset Age: 40 | Symptoms: burning urethra at first / now just urgency/frequency. tingle at penis tip inside urethra. | Helped By: running / stretching / good nutrition / vitamins /urelle /Xanax | Worsened By: stress/anxiety
outofpaper

Post by outofpaper »

hulk, Jerome Weiss is in SFO, not Seattle. :(
we.the.hulk
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by we.the.hulk »

Oh yeah. I didn't mean to imply he was in Seattle. But gmcc is in Boston (I think), so if he's looking on the west coast, just curious why not check Weiss out. G man is one of the most cerebral guys on the board right now. So, if he's avoiding Weiss, its probably for good reason.
Oh. And nice to meet you outofpaper. Hope you are fighting the good fight!
Age: 40 | Onset Age: 40 | Symptoms: burning urethra at first / now just urgency/frequency. tingle at penis tip inside urethra. | Helped By: running / stretching / good nutrition / vitamins /urelle /Xanax | Worsened By: stress/anxiety
gmccormack
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gmccormack »

WTH,

I have consulted a few people about it, I don't want to mention specific people. I have researched it in depth, and it seems to be a safe novel treatment. However, that being said, Dr Wise told us that he does not recommend Botox and prefers needle point. I do plan on asking MGH pain clinic about it the near future. I am participating in the Tanezumab trial starting in 3 weeks, so I can't get the treatment during that time (16 weeks), big commitment but hopefully worth it, no doubt anti NGF is the future of pain meds.

More on Botox, I am unsure of the injection site at least for myself, Dr Moldwin says he does "Intrapelvic Botox injections" on his site, not sure where. The study you linked I've read a few times and the bulbospongiosus is an area where I don't have pain. I am going to need to discuss further.

In terms of Jerome Weiss, I think he is a great uro for this condition, Dr Anderson credits him for helping to pioneer the idea of pelvic tension as the cause of CPPS. I don't necessarily know if he's doing anything different than other good uro's though.

There a number of reasons why studies are terminated, sometimes funding gets cut, a patient gets ill, head physician changes hospitals and the hospital refuses to release the funds to the other hospital, the list goes on.
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by critthinker »

GM,

I am thinking about trying Botox for CPPS, and was wondering if you've tried it yet. One thing I can say is that Botox completely cured my levator ani syndrome (unfortunately, I acquired an infection from the injection, which led to my pelvic pain).
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,