Dr Wheeler and Peenuts- Fact or Fiction

Scammer alerts, reviews!
jd

Dr Wheeler and Peenuts- Fact or Fiction

Post by jd »

I'm 26 and have been having CP/CPPS symptoms for like 6 months. I've been taking Peenuts ( http://www.peenuts.com ) for the last 3 months and Algonot Plus for the last 2. Since I've been on Algonot I've had a definite improvement in symptoms, probably like 75 percent reduction in pain depending on the day.

But I'm a little concerned when it comes to Peenuts. I went through the first bottle, and then ordered 2 more (75 bucks per bottle) I'm midway through my second bottle now.

I've seen people ask questions about Peenuts on the google prostatitis board, and a few posts about it from Ronald Wheeler on there, and the people on there immediately say its simply a scam and ripoff. The people on there cannot discuss anything without intense personal attacks on each other.

So I just want some honest opinions about Peenuts. The ingredients in Peenuts are all beneficial to the human body. Provided they're actually in there. Considering Ronald Wheeler is a urologist, I would like to believe they are.

But it is a little worrying that they won't say HOW MUCH ingredients are in each pill.

Also, there are some clinical tests claimed to have been run Peenuts before http://www.theprostatecenter.com/peenuts.htm

anyone have any thoughts on the validity of these tests? Plus according to his site, some Urologists whom he names recommend Peenuts.

But I'm a little concerned because I've seen NO evidence of any continuing research on Peenuts, and their website hasn't been updated since I first found it about 4 months ago. That is a bit strange. I'm a web designer and it couldn't take ANY MORE than 20 minutes to put some current news out about Peenuts. And I havent seen any of you on here recommend it. And people on here are very up to date on things,

The fact that I've spent over 200 dollars on Peenuts makes me want to think it's beneficial. And of course the real issue is my health, not his pocketbook.

Is there an overall Prostate supplement like The Prostate Formula which is half the price of Peenuts and lists the amount of ingredients in it that could be better?

Anything you all think is appreciated..... I found this link questioning Peenuts from this guy, I guess he wrote a book on prostate supplements. Interesting perspectives from him about Peenuts, yet he looks to be biased and promoting his own thing.

http://www.youngagain2000.com/peenuts.html
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Peenuts- Fact or Fiction

Post by webslave »

jd wrote:Since I've been on Algonot I've had a definite improvement in symptoms, probably like 75 percent reduction in pain depending on the day.
This is satisfying to hear.
But I'm a little concerned when it comes to Peenuts.
I have never heard anyone with CP/CPPS/IC claim to have been helped by Peenuts. 'Nuff said?

If you are looking for a general formula, there isn't one. I suggest you use the products we allow to sponsor this site (we allow them to sponsor us because they work) and add Calcium citrate, Vit D, zinc and other supplements as outlined on this page:
https://www.ucpps.men/prostatitis-tips-things-that-help-and-hurt

These supplements are not just cosmetic fixes -- they really do help maintain prostate health.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
mel

Peenuts and other therapies

Post by mel »

Peenuts did not help me at all 6 mos plus
I can't remember the name but the Chinese Meds didn't either (red pills)

For whatever reason Carrot juice helped with the burning pain
Q, Broccoli treatment (long term) some relief

Good Luck
Mel
reality2day

Post by reality2day »

jd wrote: Considering Ronald Wheeler is a urologist, I would like to believe they are.
Why do you trust him just because he's a urologist? This guy's a shyster deluxe. IMHO.

SG
jd

Post by jd »

reality2day wrote: Why do you trust him just because he's a urologist? This guy's a shyster deluxe. IMHO.

SG
I guess part of me would like to think that a doctor has ethics and wouldn't try to scam someone over.

Again, it's REALLY bothering me seeing that their website has not been updated in months. I would like some evidence of continuing research.
reality2day

Post by reality2day »

I guess part of me would like to think that a doctor has ethics and wouldn't try to scam someone over. :shock:

Well... I think many if not most doctors are ethical persons. However, when you get desperate patients in pain being treated for a condition so poorly understood as this one, you're going to run into some guys trying to make a buck, or better said "scamming". I think it's fairly clear that Peenuts is a scam by a scammer deluxe in Wheeler. I know a technician who once worked with him (on a litho machine) and first-hand second hand scuttlebutt is that he's very slimey. Best of luck, and caveat emptor :roll:
tascam
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Dr Wheeler and Peenuts- Fact or Fiction

Post by tascam »

Peenuts works and the NIH study shows it's legitimate. I have been using the product for months. It's the only thing I am taking now, and it's alleviating my symptoms
Age: 52 | Onset Age: 52 | Symptoms: fairly constant groin "burning", not really related to urination (it feels better after I do it), some post ejaculation soreness.Helped By: hot baths, relaxation, Xanax | Worsened By: too many orgasms, anything but really gentle sex, driving and other stressful activities. Tried: Multiple antibiotic, although I never went more than 2 weeks on any particular one. Did I need 4 to six weeks on Cipro, for example? Prosta Q, PEENUTS, experimenting with Chinese herbs now. Suggestions are welcomed.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

The only study I can find for Peenuts is this one
http://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18044088

So which study involving Peenuts and CP/CPPS are you talking about?

(Just a note: the poster called reality2day above is a US urologist I knew. When one uro says that about another ... it means something).
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
tascam
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tascam »

tascam wrote:Peenuts works and the NIH study shows it's legitimate. I have been using the product for months. It's the only thing I am taking now, and it's alleviating my symptoms
Update: After using the product almost a year, my PSA hasn't changed despite the fact that Wheeler claims in his own studies, PSA was lowered an average of 3 points per patient. My PSA of 1.3 remains stable. Wheeler claims that PSAs over 1 are dangerous. I have come to the conclusion that Wheeler is full of $hit and only cares to takes excessive amounts of cash from patients (he's on no insurance plans) and prey on their fears. IMO, the product is a scam.
Age: 52 | Onset Age: 52 | Symptoms: fairly constant groin "burning", not really related to urination (it feels better after I do it), some post ejaculation soreness.Helped By: hot baths, relaxation, Xanax | Worsened By: too many orgasms, anything but really gentle sex, driving and other stressful activities. Tried: Multiple antibiotic, although I never went more than 2 weeks on any particular one. Did I need 4 to six weeks on Cipro, for example? Prosta Q, PEENUTS, experimenting with Chinese herbs now. Suggestions are welcomed.