I'm new - seeking gen advice & about Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol

Scammer alerts, reviews!
DanielAllen

I'm new - seeking gen advice & about Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol

Post by DanielAllen »

Hello, I am a new member, seeking perhaps an audience from others who understand what I am going through and could help. I am interested in finding out if anyone has been through the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol (Anderson/Wise Protocol) 6 day session and would be willing to share: their experience, whether they recommend the program, and if it proved worthwhile.

A bit about my situation - - I have a special needs 17 mo infant with many medical challenges and causes immense stress. About 8 months ago, I began having pain sitting and even walking, pain down the left leg. Urologist identified bogginess of prostate and prescribed Cipro. Pain got worse and worse, resulting in my needing to be lying on couch/bed for the next 3 weeks. I felt a need to urinate all throughout the night, being unable to do so, but constantly feeling the need to go. I went through a number of drugs to help manage the pain (Ultram, Ativan, Ambien, Flexiril.) Was soon switched to Levaquin, which I took for the next 7 months.

Intense pain has subsided, such that my current situation is: (1) can't sit /drive for any extended period of time/sit on donut or switching from thigh to thigh, (2) need to urinate 3 to 4 times a night, with relatively little output needed to give relief, (3) urinate 7-10 times during the day, (4) have some dribbling post-urination, (4) have now been switched to Detrol AL.

A 2nd opinion Urologist has said he doesn't think this has to do with the prostate at all and could be interdisciplinary (said muscles are all so tight upon physical exam). He threw out the name Chronic Pelvic Pain, and I've been googling for the past few days.

I read about the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol, and it seemed as if this may help. If anyone can share what they know about it (or other advice), I'd be deeply appreciative.
Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: I'm new - seeking gen advice & about Wise-Anderson Protocol

Post by Jay »

Hi Dan,

Firstly, welcome to the boards. I'm sorry to hear about the tough time you've been having. I would like to suggest that you fill out your signature so that we have a full list of your circumstances. :smile:

As far as your question goes, there are several accounts on these boards from people who've attended the clinic. You can find a few such threads by searching for things like 'attended the clinic' or 'Wise-Anderson clinic'. Though there are some variations in success from one person to the next (always are when it comes to treatments), I've yet to read a report that had nothing good to say about the experience. The physical therapists I've spoken with personally all say that, if you have bucks, it's the best place to go for examination and self-treatment education.

It's interesting that your second urologist noted your muscular state during his examination. This is something most of them don't consider, and it's a big sign of pelvic floor dysfunction. Depending upon where you are, we may be able to suggest a physical therapist who can examine/treat your pelvic floor closer to home.

Your symptoms don't sound wild to me, as a layman. I've certainly read all of them - and had a few, myself - before. We can't offer any guarantees regarding things posted here, nor does Dr. Wise when it comes to the clinic, but it's the least invasive place to start once urological treatments have failed.

Best,

Jay
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
carld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: I'm new - seeking gen advice & about Wise-Anderson Protocol

Post by carld »

Hi Dan,

Welcome...You have very similar symptoms, down to the boggy prostate like I had. Please read my starter list to help guide you. Your stress in your life, understandably so has contributed to this.

Jay's points are spot on...

Glad to read a uro aware of pelvic floor dysfunction...Rare!!!

If you can afford it...A trip to the clinic is highly recommended. Ultimately, you will be empowered to heal your self through our protocols...

STOP THE DETROL!!! It is of no use to you and will only make it harder to pass urine when you feel the urge. The nerves are very sensitive with pelvic myoneuropathy...Until you calm them...

No more antibiotics either...Read up and learn, you will slowly recover...

Make sure you are getting the proper mental support for you and your wife while dealing with your child's needs. I'm truly sorry to read about that. Breaks my heart. I wish you and your wife well in this difficult situation.

Best and respect, Carl...
I am not a medical doctor. Please fill out your signature (click here) ☼ ☼ My Starter List for new members
I encourage anxiety prone UCPPS people to consider L-Theanine
Age, 44 onset age 37 Feb 2006 Freq. need to urinate. Sensation of having to urinate soon after going. Perineum discomfort/burning/tightness, pubic area discomfort @ times,poor urine stream, post urine dripping/spray. All symptoms have improved with my protocol. At the worst I give it a 1 to 2 on irritation and discomfort and frequency. Helps: Elavil 5mg for anxiety and mast cell protection, (will only take it as needed) self internal PT as needed, stretching, walking, stairmaster cardio workout and light weights, reducing stress, moment to moment relaxation, deep breathing relaxation and using a Theracane. Makes worse: sitting for long periods, stress, over focusing on it. Currently 95%-98% recovered. Stay positive, relaxed and control your anxiety.