Looking for some guidance (new here!)

Scammer alerts, reviews!
hank25

Looking for some guidance (new here!)

Post by hank25 »

I am 33, and after reading this forum for a day straight I still have some questions as my experiences tends to differ a smidgeon. Roughly two years ago I started to have severe pain when I was urinating and quickly developed a fever of 104. At one point I was going to the bathroom almost every 5 minutes. I went to the doctor and they found bacteria in my urine and prescribed Cipro for four week. Everything cleared up and I was good for a year.

About a year later I started having similar symptoms prior to a business trip out of the country. In the fear that I was going to have 104 fever and be debilitated in Canada, I went to an urgent care as it was a Sunday. They claimed to see bacteria in my urine as well and prescribed me a mild antibiotic – was not Cipro (the name escapes me). Mind you I never got to a point where I had a fever or frequent urination, just some pain in my penis and perineum. My symptoms did not improve while I was away on business and when I got back I went to my doctor who prescribed me Cipro (he did not find bacteria).

Things once again cleared up but roughly 2-3 wks later the symptoms started up again and I figured it was because I had skipped a couple days worth of Cipro. My doctor prescribed me another round and it coincided with a drive to Florida from Chicago. Totally unaware of what I was about to endure I picked up my antibiotics and embarked on the 16 hr trip. When I reached Florida I was in extreme pain from sitting so long and went to the emergency room where they prescribed an additional antibiotic (they did not find bacteria either) and some pain meds. The trip back to Chicago was fine but I was still experiencing some mild symptoms including pelvic pain and pain in the perineum. I went back to my doctor and later to an urologist where they prescribed Flomax. Symptoms again persisted but finally went away.

Well, last week I started getting pain at the tip of my penis and pain in my perineum. Given that this has begun to take over my life I started to do some research and came across this site and found some information on the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol. I am definitely a Type A personality and I lead a stressful life and recently have been under a lot of stress. Back about 5-7 yrs ago I had bouts with frequent urination and pelvic pain but they only lasted a week or two so I chalked them up to my herniated disc or stress.

While there are certain parts of my story that appear to correlate with this forum, my first experience with prostatitis was clearly related to bacteria. The second bout is questionable as I am not sure if the Urgent Care place really found bacteria and my symptoms have not been as extreme and did not involve a fever. So is it just a coincidence that I appear to have had both types? Or am I one of the rare occasions of Bacterial Prostatitis? Or did my first experience lead to CPPS?

Sorry for the novel, just a little confused and trying to find the right course of action.
carld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Looking for some guidance (new here!)

Post by carld »

hank25 wrote: I am definitely a Type A personality and I lead a stressful life and recently have been under a lot of stress.
You may very well have had the infection....But the pelvic myoneuropathy remained after the infection cleared, based on genes, stress and so forth....Please read my starter list.... :smile:
I am not a medical doctor. Please fill out your signature (click here) ☼ ☼ My Starter List for new members
I encourage anxiety prone UCPPS people to consider L-Theanine
Age, 44 onset age 37 Feb 2006 Freq. need to urinate. Sensation of having to urinate soon after going. Perineum discomfort/burning/tightness, pubic area discomfort @ times,poor urine stream, post urine dripping/spray. All symptoms have improved with my protocol. At the worst I give it a 1 to 2 on irritation and discomfort and frequency. Helps: Elavil 5mg for anxiety and mast cell protection, (will only take it as needed) self internal PT as needed, stretching, walking, stairmaster cardio workout and light weights, reducing stress, moment to moment relaxation, deep breathing relaxation and using a Theracane. Makes worse: sitting for long periods, stress, over focusing on it. Currently 95%-98% recovered. Stay positive, relaxed and control your anxiety.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Looking for some guidance (new here!)

Post by webslave »

UTIs are not that uncommon. Yours may have had a role to play in preparing the ground for the condition to develop. Infection is one of the acknowledged precursors.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it