My Experience at the Stanford Clinic

Tell us about how you are beating this
scotsman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by scotsman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:24 am

I wonder what the split of that $3350 is for Dr Wise and Tim (PT)?

I'm going to head there next year but only for the physio.

Richard.
Not medical advice: Read my progress to date : Read about my W-A clinic visit

Age: 41 CPPS: 7 Yrs Recovery Status: 90% Symptoms: Pain around perineum Makes Worse: Tension, sitting Makes Better: Stretching, triggerpoint therapy, relaxation, Tramadol (50mg)

Sunny

SP clinic costs

Post by Sunny » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:57 pm

I hope I am not violating any rules by posting this info that I got from SP clinic

Urology exam: The exam is billed separately by the individual urologists. At the time of registration, I can let you which urologist you will be seeing. You can then contact his office to obtain the exact urological exam fee (it is usually between $200.00 - $600.00 per exam).

Clinic costs: $3350.00 with the breakdown as follows:

For Professional Services Rendered:

• 20 Hours Relaxation Training / Behavior Modification / Psychotherapy [90853]
• DSM Diagnosis: 307.89
• 20 Hours @ $128.75 per hour
• Total Cost = $ 2575.00

• Physical Therapy Evaluation x 1 session [97001] $150.00
• Neuro-muscular re-education x 3 sessions [97112] $150.00
• Myofascial Release/soft tissue mob./joint mob. x 4 sessions [97140] $200.00
• Self-care/Home Management x 4 sessions [97535] $200.00
• Hands-on Exercise x 1 session [97530] $50.00
• Therapeutic Exercise x 1 session [97110] $25.00
• Total Cost for Physical Therapy = $775.00
Age: 37 | Onset Age: 36 | Symptoms: Pain in buttocks and outer thighs when sitting, burining and pain while urinating (Reduced 80% after attending SP clinic in October 2007), Pain in groin and testicles (70% gone after attending SP clinic) | Helped By: External and Internal TP treatment, stretches, hot baths, skin rolling in abdomin and thighs, massage, relaxation therapy with Dr.Wise's tapes, PT, aerobic exercies, seat cushion | Worsened By: Sitting, Stress in life, crossing legs

scotsman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by scotsman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:05 am

Thanks Sunny - very useful.

Age: 41 CPPS: 7 Yrs Recovery Status: 90% Symptoms: Pain around perineum Makes Worse: Tension, sitting Makes Better: Stretching, triggerpoint therapy, relaxation, Tramadol (50mg)

mach5
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Physio vers relaxation

Post by mach5 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:26 am

This is my notice to people who think physio is the cure.

I went to the Stanford clinic this sept. I have still been meaning to post more about my experience, but haven't gotten around to it. Its actually about 1 in the morning right now and I have having a freaking horrible flare up. The worst in years I think.

However, after doing the Stanford clinic, I was about 50% better most of the time within the first month. But as they tell you at the clinic, 2 steps forward, 1 step back. You will have flare ups, but this is just part of the process. Excuse my bad writing/ spelling cause I am all hopped up on valium and codeine to at least control a little of the pain. Doesn't seem to be helping much though. I have only used valium one time before. Nothing seems to help a flare for me but time.

Right, to the point is.... Tim is the physio guy, and is by far the best in the world for what he does. Hands down, no competition. I myself am a TCM guy and an acupuncturist. Acupuncture can help trigger points lots, but you have to have an open mind, and even now, not a lot of people know about CPPS.

So I was asking Tim in his opinion and experience, how effective is the physio/ trigger point work alone. Cause lets face it, I hate the "relaxation" (meditation) training. Its just not me. Tim is great guy, and I totally trust his opinion. He says 80% 20%. 80% relaxation training, only 20% trigger points. Need both, but need more relaxation training and doing, more than trigger points.

Soooooo, for all of those who think the relaxation is bunk or you can do it on your own. You are selling yourself short.

Dish out the money, borrow it, go into debt, whatever it takes, head to the Stanford clinic program.

Feeling 50% better, even 50% of the time, has changed my life like you wouldnt believe. Some people had huge changes, some had mild. Everyone got something out of it.

One guy almost had to be carried in on the first day because of his pain. He just laid in a ball for the first 2 days trying to do the relaxation work. By the time he left, he was a new man literally. The color in face, you could sit relaxed, and was so friendly and nice. It was amazing!

Wise and Tim are not gods, but they do know what they are doing.

Go....!
Age: 30 | Onset Age:19 | Symptoms: Urethral burning pain (tip of penis), some reddening (inflammation) of the urethral opening intermittently, rectal pain off and on. | Helped By: Avoiding aggravating factors, Wise-Tapes, Mild PT stretches, Benzos, acupuncture and Chinese Herbal medicine | Worsened By: Urination, Excessive Sex, Not enough exercise, Stress, Alcohol, Caffeine, Cold Weather.
Typical Disclaimer: My above post is not medical advice.

scotsman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by scotsman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:33 pm

:icon14:

Sunny

Heading to Sebastopol

Post by Sunny » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:41 pm

I am heading to Sebastopol on this(October) 18th for 6 day SP treatment clinic.

If there is anybody on this forum also going, let me know. I will post my experience there during last week of this month

Sunny
Age: 37 | Onset Age: 36 | Symptoms: Pain in buttocks and outer thighs when sitting, burining and pain while urinating (Reduced 80% after attending SP clinic in October 2007), Pain in groin and testicles (70% gone after attending SP clinic) | Helped By: External and Internal TP treatment, stretches, hot baths, skin rolling in abdomin and thighs, massage, relaxation therapy with Dr.Wise's tapes, PT, aerobic exercies, seat cushion | Worsened By: Sitting, Stress in life, crossing legs

scoobysnacks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by scoobysnacks » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:53 pm

Yes, I agree with mach. I will admit I need to do more relaxation, at the moment I'm only getting in about 30 mins daily and in the morning. Really should change to evening after all day. But, I hit the gym and then need to spend time with the wifey.

But, notice I said I go to the gym. Something I had to give up prior to the clinic. I've probably made 60-70% improvement from where I was prior to the clinic. I keep plugging along, been 10 mos.

Its definitely worth it.

Ss
Age:29 | Onset Age: 25.5 | Symptoms: Initially burning in prostate/perineum, burning in urethra, uncontrollable muscle contraction before urinating, dual ache in groin, left testicle pain, feeling of golf ball in rectum, soarness in rectum, and muscle spasms, now mainly very mild urinary tract inflammation, burning mildly after ejaculation, some days after physical activity involuntary mild muscle contraction before urinating | Helped By: .5 mg of Ativan, Aleve (naproxen), quercetin, alcohol in large quantities (vodka and soda), stretching, walking, internal massage the perineum area and levators. | Worsened By: sitting, weightraining, jogging, coffee, caffeine in general, alcohol bothered me at first, overdoing sex