Do not go read in things too much
Positive mind
NO MEDS!!!!
Listen to yourself

#1 -----> MIND OVER MATTER!!!!!!
tom402

Post by tom402 »

Cranberry juice
This plays havoc with my bladder. I don't touch the stuff unless I want sleepless nights filled with bladder pain. But that's just me.
Relax
Good idea :)
Sleep
Also good :)
Do not go read in things too much
I think I know what you mean by that....
Positive mind
No doubt this helps.
NO MEDS!!!!

Controversial... I wouldn't say no meds is the best path for everyone.
Listen to yourself
Yes, unless you're racked with anxiety and you're telling yourself you probably have some horrible seriously underlying condition :P
brycie

Well....Tom

Post by brycie »

:roll:
:lol:

Good luck.....I had a hard time with this and had some bad thoughts, it can destroy your life I can see that - to have to get up 5-6 times a night must be brutal
Richard.N
Sage
Sage

Post by Richard.N »

MIND OVER MATTER!!!!!!
BRILLIANT! Where can I buy this? :lol:

Only joking. There is some truth in this. How much better do we feel relaxing on a nice warm summer's day?
Richard

Age: 39. | Onset Age: 30. Onset Date: January 2002. Symptoms (back then): Supra-pubic pain, back pain, urinary frequency, urgency and difficulty, weak stream, nocturia, (and variously) chronic fatigue, IBS. Current symptoms: more frequent than normal, but pretty much under control. Current amelioration: Xatral 10mg, Mirtazapine 30mg. | Worsened By: Stress, binge drinking, strained bowel movements, bloating, sitting on hard surfaces, jogging, and regularly - THE WINTER!

I'm not a medical expert. My comment is opinion. See your medical professional.
brycie

Brilliant

Post by brycie »

Hats off to ya Richard.....enjoy the UK and a nice summer day

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Richard.N
Sage
Sage

Post by Richard.N »

The UK and nice summer days are almost mutually exclusive but I do get to take holidays!
Richard

Age: 39. | Onset Age: 30. Onset Date: January 2002. Symptoms (back then): Supra-pubic pain, back pain, urinary frequency, urgency and difficulty, weak stream, nocturia, (and variously) chronic fatigue, IBS. Current symptoms: more frequent than normal, but pretty much under control. Current amelioration: Xatral 10mg, Mirtazapine 30mg. | Worsened By: Stress, binge drinking, strained bowel movements, bloating, sitting on hard surfaces, jogging, and regularly - THE WINTER!

SickofCP
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SickofCP »

Hi brycie, we're fellow Torontonians.

I appreciate your upbeat attitude and suggestions. I could also see what you're getting at with your poll.

However, I think for most sufferers, it's difficult to relax when they are feeling such an awful pain and discomfort. I don't see how someone could only think about their condition weekly or monthly when they are in such severe pain constantly. It really sounds like your symptoms were different than CP/CPPS. Anyone who has really suffered from CP/CPPS would not suggest to ignore the problem, or to just relax. Imagine putting a clamp at the tip of your penis and trying to relax.

But yes, a positive frame of mind is a good start. I also am starting to realize that I can't put my life on hold over this.

I find that my conditions are gradually improving over time (it's been 7 months). I feel much better than I used to. As a result, I don't think about my condition as often, and can relax more now. It would be a mistake to think that this is what is making me feel better...it's the opposite. Feeling better allows you to relax more and not dwell as much.
Age: 36 | Symptoms: Started with urethra/penis pain. Now have low back and posterior pelvic pain. Have been doing SP since May 2004.
brycie

SICK OF CP

Post by brycie »

Thanks for the words Sick of CP, maybe we can chat more...if you are in Toronto I can recommed a god clinic....Again broccolli helped me too!!!

Good luck to us all with this and God bless!!!!

If you want to chat my MSN is on file.....

Bryce
akia

Post by akia »

Put me down as a third for Toronto. Its strange that I looked long and hard for a support group or something in Toronto and found nothing. I found this random internet message board and found two other people in my city with the same condition.
brycie

well

Post by brycie »

AKIA if you want to chat let me know or e-mail me at [email protected] - take care
dshoskes
Urologist
Urologist

Post by dshoskes »

akia wrote:Put me down as a third for Toronto. Its strange that I looked long and hard for a support group or something in Toronto and found nothing. I found this random internet message board and found two other people in my city with the same condition.
Having done my medical school and residency training in Toronto, I can attest that there is NO SHORTAGE of prostatitis patients in the city! :eek:
Daniel Shoskes MD
www.dshoskes.com
Bill in NH

Post by Bill in NH »

I’m not too far away, Hanover NH! My CP/IC started 3 months ago and I have since wondered whether the record cold temperature was a major factor. I experienced my first 3-4 hour ‘holiday’ from CP about a month ago when I visited San Diego on business. I have since experienced several more of these ‘holidays’ along with a gradual abatement of my baseline symptoms. In 10 days, I’ll be vacationing for a week in Aruba and taking along ‘The Relaxation & Stress Reduction Workbook’, which I first heard about on this website. I’m hoping the combination (along with the Quercetin, Algonot Plus, Flomax, and diet modification) will be beneficial.

I agree with Sickof CP that it is very difficult to relax when CP flares and it’s been my experience that my sense of well-being and ability to relax follow my CP symptoms rather than the reverse. When I experienced my first ‘holiday’ from CP, I became absolutely euphoric but my mood sank a few hours after my symptoms gradually returned to baseline.
brycie

well

Post by brycie »

Bill, I have heard this problem lasts a long time, so get some good treatment and try to beat it!! Otherwise it could ruin your life....
Richard.N
Sage
Sage

Post by Richard.N »

Having done my medical school and residency training in Toronto, I can attest that there is NO SHORTAGE of prostatitis patients in the city
Has anyone done a spatial study of chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome (spot the geographer - sorry :-D )?.
Richard

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Tend to be more in cold climates, I believe. Or worse symptoms.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it