Prediction

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Prediction

Post by webslave »

I predict that IC, CP/CPPS, vulvodynia and maybe things like chronic orchialgia and epididymitis etc. get renamed as "Chronic Pelvic Pain" in the next few years. Already Johnson & Johnson (owners of Ortho-McNeil, makers of Elmiron) have bought the domain name CHRONICPELVICPAIN.COM (d'oh, wish I'd thought of that!). Now Jill Osborne of the ICN has bought CHRONICPELVICPAIN.ORG and .NET.

Quote from ICA Medical Advisory Board Co-Chair, Philip Hanno, MD
There is a tremendous push now to reclassify several disorders and lump them together as chronic pelvic pain. These include what has been referred to in the past as "prostatitis" in men, pelvic pain and dyspareunia (painful intercourse) in women, and interstitial cystitis.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
alprost
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by alprost »

I hope that you are correct. The terms prostatitis and CPPS seem to be used interchangebly by many, which can create a lot of confusion - at least it did for me. A few months ago I realised that I hadn't actually had prostatitis for the best part of a year, but I did have CPPS.
This is not Medical advice - Consult your Doctor!

Age:39. Age at onset:31. Symptoms prior to treatment: Golf ball in rectum, severe urinary frequency (2-3x/hr; 5-10x/night); weak stream; painful ejaculation; coccygeal pain; tip of penis pain; general pelvic pain on left; testicular pain; supra-pubic pain. Current | Symptoms: Urinary frequency 1x every 2-3 hrs and 1-2 x a night; mild pelvic pain on left hand side (all symptoms still improving!)
Helped by: Trigger point release; avoiding exercise; pelvic floor relaxation; Neurontin decreased bladder sensitivity somewhat. Worsened by: Exercise; frequent ejaculation; ibuprofen irritates bladder. Made no difference: Diet; biofeedback; quercetin; Steroid anti-inflammatories; Elavil.

****UPDATE*** I am now able to sit again at work all day, and can perform moderate aerobic exersise again for the first time in 8 years!!!

Please read:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=808&p=3954
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=239&p=1158
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=248&p=1214