New here? Please read before posting questions
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

"A Headache in the Pelvis" a must-have book

Post by webslave » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:01 am

If you have chronic pelvic pain syndrome, you have to buy
A Headache in the Pelvis

“After reading over the 6th edition of “A Headache in the Pelvis,” all I can say is “Wow”…Drs. Wise and Anderson have done it again! This has truly become the “Bible” for patients, both men and women, who suffer from pelvic floor muscle dysfunction. The book demystifies a condition that is so frequently overlooked and often mistreated in clinical practice. It empowers the patient to be their own caregiver; while it encourages partnerships with clinicians who can be tremendously helpful in the patient’s path to symptom improvement. “A Headache in the Pelvis” is on the top of my recommendation list.”

Robert Moldwin, MD
Author, The Interstitial Cystitis Survival Guide
A Headache In The Pelvis:
A New Understanding and Treatment
for Prostatitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes

by David Wise, Ph.,D. and Rodney Anderson, M.D

The long-awaited update to this book is finally available!
>>> Click here to buy <<<

Read about the the protocol this book describes here:
http://www.chronicprostatitis.com/the-w ... -protocol/
Last edited by webslave on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:04 am, edited 32 times in total.

Richard.N
Sage
Sage

Post by Richard.N » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:41 am

Thanks for keeping your eye on this Mark :-D
Richard

Age: 39. | Onset Age: 30. Onset Date: January 2002. Symptoms (back then): Supra-pubic pain, back pain, urinary frequency, urgency and difficulty, weak stream, nocturia, (and variously) chronic fatigue, IBS. Current symptoms: more frequent than normal, but pretty much under control. Current amelioration: Xatral 10mg, Mirtazapine 30mg. | Worsened By: Stress, binge drinking, strained bowel movements, bloating, sitting on hard surfaces, jogging, and regularly - THE WINTER!

I'm not a medical expert. My comment is opinion. See your medical professional.

alprost
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by alprost » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:31 pm

I've just ordered it - Thanks Mark.
This is not Medical advice - Consult your Doctor!

Age:39. Age at onset:31. Symptoms prior to treatment: Golf ball in rectum, severe urinary frequency (2-3x/hr; 5-10x/night); weak stream; painful ejaculation; coccygeal pain; tip of penis pain; general pelvic pain on left; testicular pain; supra-pubic pain. Current | Symptoms: Urinary frequency 1x every 2-3 hrs and 1-2 x a night; mild pelvic pain on left hand side (all symptoms still improving!)
Helped by: Trigger point release; avoiding exercise; pelvic floor relaxation; Neurontin decreased bladder sensitivity somewhat. Worsened by: Exercise; frequent ejaculation; ibuprofen irritates bladder. Made no difference: Diet; biofeedback; quercetin; Steroid anti-inflammatories; Elavil.

****UPDATE*** I am now able to sit again at work all day, and can perform moderate aerobic exersise again for the first time in 8 years!!!

Please read:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=808&p=3954
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=239&p=1158
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=248&p=1214

slovak

It is stress, get Headache in the Pelvis book

Post by slovak » Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:35 am

I have to say Dave's Wise book is great. I've been suffering for almost 5 years on and off, and last year was really bad for me. My problem started with acute infection of bladder and prostate with high fever and lower back pain and frequent urination. My doctor and I always thought it was a bacteria. I tried everything and it didn't seem to help. I got this book and started reading and it click in my head that it is nothing else but stress or trauma. I finally realized that 2 months before I got sick my father passed away of heart attack. I took it really hard, but I never thought of it. My first flare-ups would last almost year and half and then went away. Things were getting better, my first son was born, and I forgot about the problem. Then September 11th came, and my company was going bankrupt and I was worrying about my job. Few months later I got sick again and this time was even worse. I couldn't believe it. I got very depressed. Thank God for this book, it helped a lot. Now I can control my pain and I can enjoy my life and newly born second son.

Don't wait get the book
:lol: