New here...need advice and help re: PAIN!!

Ultram, NSAIDS, opioids etc.
russeld

New here...need advice and help re: PAIN!!

Post by russeld » Fri May 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Hey all, new here... but I need some advice.

I have been a CP pt for about 3 years now secondary to Failed Back surgery (Lumbar Lami L5-S1), have ha...login to view the rest of this post
Born...bilateral clubfoot deformity, corrective surgery=unstable base of ambulatory support developmentally through childhood. Though of myself as Evel Knievel and had straddle injury after straddle injury until scar tissue closed my urethra when I was a Junior in HS(84)..had Stricture removed and self-cath-ed for 1 1/2 years. Have endured periodic excrutiating spasms in the pelvic/perineum area ever since I was about 12.
Recently, about 2 1/2 years ago, after hemorrhaging after a "routine" dilation, I said ENOUGH and me and my Uro. agreed on Buccal Mucosa Graft Urethroplasty...it failed, and about last November I started feeling the stricture symptoms, couldn't relax pelvic floor muscles to pee, etc. and have since had TWO, in one month Urethrotomy with stricture release and have been, and am, self-cath-ing which is extremeley painful and sets off a whole inflammatory, fight/flight cycle=This will never end as long as there is a stricture, which is, unfortunately, my fate...Sally forth.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login