Self Internal PT - no PT in my area- any advice?

Exercises, stretches, relaxation methods, intra-rectal massage, anti-anxiety meds
che123

Self Internal PT - no PT in my area- any advice?

Post by che123 » Sat May 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi, I have not been able to find a PT in my area (Coastal South Carolina) who does internal pelvic floor treatment. First of all, if any one knows of...login to view the rest of this post
I'm a Professional musician, and have spent much of the last 14 years of my life sitting on a motorcycle style seat for hours at a time. My doctor and I feel that this, couple with a case of epididymitis and extreme anxiety from thinking I had and may have spread an STD, is what has brought on my condition. I am new, have had severe symptoms for 10 weeks (but now that I know what's going on I realize some little pains I had for years in the perineum and penis that I brushed off). It started as simply a red area at the base of my penis and top of left scrotum that itched a little. Then I had some redness and itchiness around the anus and thighs. Then the pain in the testicles started with only very minor sensations on the left tip of the penis. As things have progressed, now I have severe pain in the penis (all the way down not just the tip), pain down the inner thighs, and some 'creepy crawly' feelings all over the area including the testicles. Ejaculation makes it much worse. Trying relaxation techniques, stretching for over an hour a day, and since I can't find any PT's with experience with this in my area, I'm going to try self internal PT today.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login