Page 3 of 3

Re: Wise Anderson Clinic July 2011

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:43 am
by gl0342
Webslave

This is far from being a failure, on the contrary!.

The clinic has made a huge difference for me. I am back to almost normal life. One month ago I was stuck at home, working from bed most of the day, depressed and busy most of the time with catastrophic thinking.... With a drastic reduction in symptoms, the confidence that I know what is going on, CPPS stopped being the center of my experience. Even those 2-3 bad days gave me a lot of confidence that whatever happens, I have the tools. Before the clinic, such a flare period would last weeks, not days, and I would plunge into depression.

But eradicating ALL symptoms will either take a lot of time and effort, or might not be realistic. Still this is just two weeks after the clinic, I am optimistic (but not always patient enough). I know much better about trigger points (I don't any any more any tender area inside - when I came to clinic it wall tender/hypersensitive everywhere), and with relaxation I will not give up and I will look to find a formula that works in real life.

George

Re: Wise Anderson Clinic July 2011

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:55 am
by webslave
No, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that your case was a failure, just that your experience of some of the hardships post-clinic highlights the problems people face and the pitfalls. You seem to be doing very well, because you're prepared to put in the effort. :smile:

Re: Wise Anderson Clinic July 2011

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:26 am
by gl0342
Webslave, you are 100% right, this process requires a lot of attention and persistence! And very easy to forget when you are busy. Or when you feel better, to think you can skip ...

I am very much encouraged by the fact that last week I had a very stressing crisis at work, I had no time for the routine, all symptoms came back for 2-3 days, but after restarting the protocol and catching up intensively (asking my wife to push harder ...), I am back to what it was before, which is only discomfort (no pain), to which I even don't pay attention most of the day.

Last month, my life was 90% around CPPS symptoms and anxiety.

I am resuming internal business trips next week. I am not afraid to travel as I was before, my work requires monthly travel, which I stopped for 6 months, I was terrified that a major flare would occur while I am on travel (the main reason why I asked my wife to join me at the WA clinic), now I know I can help myself.

I am now starting to try relaxation methods slightly different from what we were taught at the WA clinic. I know what I need to achieve (deep relaxation while accepting whatever is going on in your body), right now I am back to 1-2 daily sessions - 20 to 30 minutes. I also find that investing in the physical part of the WA protocols (TP releases and stretches) help me to reduce my overall stress level.

George

Re: Wise Anderson Clinic July 2011

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 pm
by gl0342
HI Webslave

I think it is time to move this post to the success stories section.

2.5 months after the WA clinic, here is where I am:
  1. 95% of the time I even don't think about CPPS. In the remaining 5% I have some mild discomfort and I am mainly thankful that the worst ½ year of my life - from the health point of view - is over.
  2. Mild discomfort while sitting for a long time, this cannot qualify for "pain" even after long flights. Also a reminder that I need to get up and stretch.
  3. Penis irritation almost gone. Pain 100% gone.
I am starting to reduce Alpha Blocker usage (½ a pill every two days vs 1 pill/day) and things look fine - just a small increase in irritation sometime.

Current protocol:
  1. Intensive daily PT on abdominals and glutes. Whenever I skip for 1-2 days I start again to feel more discomfort.
  2. Almost daily walk - 30 minutes+tennis table once/week. I am still afraid to restart gym workout etc...
  3. Stretches - almost daily although a reduced set.
  4. Relaxation - unfortunately I got lazy with this, so this is only 2-3 times/week, but I make sure to have some short breaks during the day. I started to take Remeron so this may be helping on the stress side. I am taking things easier now. I also programmed Google Calendar to send me a reminder SMS twice a day and it definitely helps.
  5. I have stopped internal PT since I could not find any more tender point (despite pressing hard).
  6. Sleep also improved, although I still feel more tired (especially in mornings) than before CPPS started.
So definitely a success story - still some way to go, need to keep on with self treatment, but can't compare where I am physically and mentally vs 3 months ago.

Thanks!

George