Prosta-Q or BP-QMAX?

Tell us about how you are beating this
BabelFish

Prosta-Q or BP-QMAX?

Post by BabelFish » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi brothers,

Just joined this site after having given up on doctors... they all tell me I have prostatitis and that "it's ok" and that "many man have those symptoms"...wtf??? NO IT'S NOT OK!!!! They make me feel that because I'm relatively young (33 y/o), I should suck it up and not worry... They usually give me Cipro, which has been a joke....

Anyway, my urinary symptoms correspond 100% to BPH symptoms , while my pain symptoms correspond to Chronic Prostatitis. From researching this forum, it appears that Prosta-Q helps more with the pain, while BP-Qmax helps more with urinary symptoms. Has anyone taken them together? Has anyone experienced both pain relief AND urinary improvements by taking only one of them? I can deal with the occasional pain shooting up my penis, but I don't want to deal with the urinary symptoms anymore (going often, split stream, dribbling, going 2-3 times at night, etc)...

Thanks
DOB: Jan 1978, Diagnosed with Chronic Prostatitis in 2001, however symptoms started in early teens. | Symptoms: constant problems urinating (split stream, dribbling, going often, going 2-3 times at night, etc); intermittent acute pain in shaft and area between anus and groin, usually exacerbated by cold weather.

BabelFish

Re: Prosta-Q or BP-QMAX?

Post by BabelFish » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Just found this on the Farr Labs website:

Prosta-Q has helped me, but I still have urinary symptoms?
Some men find that Prosta-Q is more effective for their pain than for their urinary symptoms. I have found that combining Prosta-Q with an alpha blocker (eg Flomax, Uroxatral) and/or BP-Qmax (another product from Farr Laboratories) is a helpful approach for these men.

So, if I take both, what is the recommended dose/regimen?
DOB: Jan 1978, Diagnosed with Chronic Prostatitis in 2001, however symptoms started in early teens. | Symptoms: constant problems urinating (split stream, dribbling, going often, going 2-3 times at night, etc); intermittent acute pain in shaft and area between anus and groin, usually exacerbated by cold weather.

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:43 am

That's the first time I've even heard of BP-Qmax. Email Farr Labs on that one, and post the answer here, thanks.

BabelFish

Post by BabelFish » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:51 am

Done. Will report back as soon as I hear from them.

BabelFish

Post by BabelFish » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Farr Labs replied and they said they can be taken together in their normal doses (2 pills a day each). Looking at the labels, the different ingredients are beta-systerol and pygeum in BP-QMAX vs zinc and cranberry in Prosta-Q. Given that I do take zinc in my centrum pill, I think I can skip the cranberry and just take BP-QMAX, since my symptoms are mostly urinary. Any thoughts on this logic? I know it's linear logic and I might be missing something, so please offer any insights or opinions.
Thanks.

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:02 pm

Seems logical!

chewydog
Beginner
Beginner

Post by chewydog » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:06 am

BabelFish wrote:Hi brothers,

Just joined this site after having given up on doctors... they all tell me I have prostatitis and that "it's ok" and that "many man have those symptoms"...wtf??? NO IT'S NOT OK!!!! They make me feel that because I'm relatively young (33 y/o), I should suck it up and not worry... They usually give me Cipro, which has been a joke....

Anyway, my urinary symptoms correspond 100% to BPH symptoms , while my pain symptoms correspond to Chronic Prostatitis. From researching this forum, it appears that Prosta-Q helps more with the pain, while BP-Qmax helps more with urinary symptoms. Has anyone taken them together? Has anyone experienced both pain relief AND urinary improvements by taking only one of them? I can deal with the occasional pain shooting up my penis, but I don't want to deal with the urinary symptoms anymore (going often, split stream, dribbling, going 2-3 times at night, etc)...

Thanks
I started with Prosta-Q, twice per day, and had relief after a few months, I took it for 3 months then switched to Q-Urol for 2 months twice a day, now I just went to 1 per day. My bladder issues are totally gone, still having a slight burn once in awhile tho. But I happy to say no more bladder issues!!!!!

Have faith, I never thought I'd get to this stage!!!!
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:

BabelFish

Post by BabelFish » Sat May 07, 2011 12:39 am

UPDATE: been taking BP-QMAX for about 7 weeks now. Dribbling is gone; Pain in shaft is gone; frequency has decreased, but I still go often because I drink a lot of liquids during the day (coffee, tea, milk, water, protein shakes, lots of watery fruits & vegetables) and I eat a high protein diet which is diuretic...despite all that, I am not going as often as before... At night, I now go once and when I don't eat a big salad before going to bed, I don't go at all.

Definitely recommend BP-QMAX for urinary issues. Helped with pain as well.