3 years pain free

How men are beating this
virtual02

3 years pain free

Post by virtual02 »

Well its been 3 years now that I have been pain free, and I feel its my obligation to get the time to share my experience here for others who are going through the same.

I had chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome since 2005, and like all of you I went through hell, mostly because of not knowing what was going on. The best thing that could have happened to me was to find this site, and to read "Headache in the Pelvis", thus starting my road to healing. I will try and be quick on my story, but please ask if you want more details on what I did. Of course, keep in mind although my situation is likely similar to the 99% of people here, it might not apply to everyone.

Basically the turning point happened in 2008 when, after tired of visiting "stellar" urologists at Harvard University who basically told me to go home and live with it, I went to a local urologist on the small town where I live. After going through the ritual we all go with uro's, he looked at me and said "What you have is a muscle-skeletal problem, you need a Physical Therapist or a Chiropractor, NOT AN UROLOGIST". This is the first time I hear from a doctor's mouth what David Wise has said all along, that chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome (at least in most cases) is nothing more than a muscle issue, a trauma suffered on the pelvic muscles (through exercise, stress, etc..) that presents itself in the numerous symptoms we are all sadly familiar with.

I then began treating the problem as a pelvic muscle issue and did the following:
  1. Took "Flomax" recommended by my urologist to ease muscle tension (not sure how much this worked though).
  2. Took any accredited quercetin product (not sure how much this helped either, only took it for 2 months).
  3. Followed stretching exercises described on "Headache of the Pelvis", symptoms got a lot worse afterward but had to keep doing it, it worked!
  4. Visited a chiropractor who also understood chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome and recommended ab stretching exercise and worked on easing knots on my abdominal area. Best exercise for abs was laying on my back on top of a yoga ball and stretch.
  5. Reduced ejaculation frequency (sorry pals but ejaculate strains pelvic muscles, its like lifting weights while suffering from bicep pain). You could go back to more frequency once you heal.
  6. Reduced stress level (probably the most important thing I ever did). Listen to stress relief music ("Stress Relief" by Benjamin Davis), take calming hot baths, etc..
  7. PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE!
It wasn't a walk on the park, I spent 6 months with a lot of flares (pain only) due to the stretches. Then one day, its like I never had it, really it was just like that, the switch turned off and the pain was gone and stayed that way for 3 years now.

Now, like anyone who has suffered traumatic muscle injury, I need to take care to not re-injure myself by not doing exercises that strain the pelvic area, not ejaculating too frequently, or experiencing too much stress. Sometimes when I strain it because of the reasons mentioned, I could feel a slight discomfort but only last a day or two and then back to normal.

Just remember, you will be OK, don't despair. Don't look for a "Cure" but instead to "Heal" like you would for any other muscle injury.

Hope this helps :smile:
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
virtual02

Re: 3 years pain free

Post by virtual02 »

By the way, people might think (like I did) why there are not enough success stories on this site. I realized this is because people seem to visit and post this site when their symptoms are at their worse, and then forget this forum altogether once they heal, leaving it behind as part of a past they don't want to remember. I myself was one that took a while to take the time and write here. Please remember this and post your story and suggestions once you get better in the benefit of those who are suffering now. Thank you for being part of such a great forum.
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
Atari
Beginner
Beginner

Re: 3 years pain free

Post by Atari »

Nice story. Thanks for sharing you experience. We need more stories like this!
Age: 35 | Onset Age: 34 | Symptoms: | Helped By: SWT, trigger point therapy from a qualified naprapath, Tryptizol, squatting, yoga stretching. | Worsened By: Stress, not sleeping enough, sitting all day, hard workout, eating sugar and carbs in general. I'm now about 70% better with a LCHF-diet!