Thank you David Wise

Tell us about how you are beating this
Sherradin
Veteran
Veteran

Thank you David Wise

Post by Sherradin » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 pm

It is now five months since I returned from the Wise Clinic in SF.

Yesterday for the first time in three years I ate grapes. Last night I had only mild frequency. This is amazing to me as I have been on the strictest diet for nearly five years.

I am convinced now that the tightness in my pelvic, leg and abdominal muscles all became so tight that my bladder nerves were irritated. I had constant post BM pain that lasted all day and after each urination I burnt more. I delayed going to the bathroom because it hurt so much and this just further contracted my pelvic muscles as I gripped unconsciously to hold on. I now spend lots of time in yoga poses now especially up against a wall with my legs splayed and in the pose of a child with my bottom lifted..it took ages to loosen the anal sphincter but it is slowly happening like a 1000 year old door wedged closed, it's creaking open. I am sure this is the key for me as they say at the clinic post BM pain is referred from the anal sphincter. The wand given to me at the clinic has helped with this a lot as it makes you feel the relaxation internally when in your butt.

My family would think I am stark raving mad if they hadn't seen the improvement in me as I had tried every hair brained cure for this over the last five years. Now I really do feel there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have just accepted a better role at work and have put on 7 Kg and am not frightened to eat. Have the three kids happy at school and am back to work four days a week and my husband can now go back to work too. The sitting of curse will be the issue as will managing my stress.

So don't give up. When I was at the pain clinic I nearly had as they were trying to shove handfuls of SSRI drugs at me. Thank god these seemed to irritate my bladder - or was it the anxiety around taking them - I will never know. So while I still have a long way to go to be "normal", I am accepting that NOW this is where I am and its a damn sight better place than two years ago which was my darkest hour. I feel lucky I could afford to fly to the US and go to the clinic it gave me the pieces to the jigsaw I was missing.
CPP since 2005. Prior to CPP always overly fit and active. I am female. Had two natural births: singleton 1998 and twins 2000. 2002 emergency back surgery - L5S1 herniation. Then recurring UTIs. Usual antibiotic overload. Then constant debilitating burning bladder and reaction to many foods. Australian Pain Clinic 2007. Turning point was Dec 2009 Attended Wise Clinic in Santa Rosa USA.
Was helped by strict diet but now eating normally after years of restricted diet - wonderful. Helped by: stretching,relaxation, yoga, trigger point, warm baths. Worsened by: stress, sitting, abdominal or glute exercises and salicylates
Medication: Now off all pain clinic meds no more Endone or Elavil only Lyrica 50 mg as Dec 2010 just reherniated L5S1disc and had discectomy. Its taken years but I feel I am over it.

d_man
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Re: Thank you David Wise

Post by d_man » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:45 pm

That's really good news and encouraging for us newbies. I wish you continued success.
33 M. Healthy Diagnosed Jan 11, 2010. 28 Days Cipro. Main prob was 24/4 Penis burn on right side of shaft and some pain between scrotum and anus. Peeing like an old man. Did a week of Broccoli treatment, and Aleve (naproxen) and now started as of Feb 18, 2010 Prosta-Q, D-Mannose and waiting for my Swedish flower pollen.

scotsman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by scotsman » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:46 am

Glad to hear that you're doing so well :)

I've also made significant progress with the external physio - really wish I'd gone over to the clinic years ago. I've still not managed to get myself really sorted out with the relaxation work - life just seems to make it hard to find the time. Something I'm going to try and get better at over the summer.
Not medical advice: Read my progress to date : Read about my W-A clinic visit

Age: 41 CPPS: 7 Yrs Recovery Status: 90% Symptoms: Pain around perineum Makes Worse: Tension, sitting Makes Better: Stretching, triggerpoint therapy, relaxation, Tramadol (50mg)

Sherradin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Sherradin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:55 am

What a journey this thing is. I eat differently but am told I am a very calm person at work! God if they had seen me before I got this when I was trading in FX they wouldn't have said I was CALM. I was anxious, jumpy and scary A type. Keep at it Richard. All I can think of is John and David and how they sat and sat with NO pain. I have one of my kids who has urgency doing pelvic relaxation too. She is very athletic like me and has to pee 10 times before bed each night. I thought it was food now I think its the tight pelvis like me. Wouldn't it be great if I helped her with a problem that could have led to years of antibiotics like me. BUT I mustn't be too anisotropic (the opposite to catastrophic) as it doesn't just disappear so I am cautiously positive.
CPP since 2005. Prior to CPP always overly fit and active. I am female. Had two natural births: singleton 1998 and twins 2000. 2002 emergency back surgery - L5S1 herniation. Then recurring UTIs. Usual antibiotic overload. Then constant debilitating burning bladder and reaction to many foods. Australian Pain Clinic 2007. Turning point was Dec 2009 Attended Wise Clinic in Santa Rosa USA.
Was helped by strict diet but now eating normally after years of restricted diet - wonderful. Helped by: stretching,relaxation, yoga, trigger point, warm baths. Worsened by: stress, sitting, abdominal or glute exercises and salicylates
Medication: Now off all pain clinic meds no more Endone or Elavil only Lyrica 50 mg as Dec 2010 just reherniated L5S1disc and had discectomy. Its taken years but I feel I am over it.