I'm having success!!

How men are beating this
JAF

I'm having success!!

Post by JAF »

I haven't been on the forum in a while and it's due mostly to the fact that I've finally been experiencing extended periods without any symptoms!! My protocol:

1) Physical Therapy - I've been going once every 2 weeks for internal work. This has really helped!

2) Elavil - I started taking 10mg and worked my way up to 25mg before I go to bed. I sleep great because of it and am able to function normally during the day.

3) Alfuzosin - This alphablocker really helps with bladder issues.

Overall, while I still have periods where it creeps back I feel like I'm starting to finally get control over my CPPS. I try not to get stressed or sit for too long. For those of you who have nearly lost hope, please don't give up until you've tried many of these techniques. I thought my life was over when I first got this 2 years ago but things finally feel like they're going on the up. STAY POSITIVE!!!

p.s. this forum has been a life saver!!!!
Age: 24 | Onset Age: 21 | Symptoms: Shifting pain from perineum to tip | Helped By: excercise, alpha blockers | Worsened By: sitting for long periods
MastCells
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: I'm having success!!

Post by MastCells »

This is great news! I hope you keep improving! We'll move your post to success stories after giving others a chance to comment on it.
This is not medical advice. Please consult your physician.
Viking
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Viking »

Great. Hope the improvement continues...
Age: 31 Previous symptoms: penile pain, pain in the rectum, occasional shooting pain in the perineum. Helped by: relaxing / meditation, internal massage, abdominal massage, stretching Makes worse: stress, being out of comfort zone. Current symptoms: Occasional mild soarness. www.kroniskprostatitt.com 95 % better
timberdoodle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by timberdoodle »

I don't want to be discouraging, but I did want to point out that I had almost total relief of symptoms while on the same dosage of Elavil for a period of a month, but when my body adjusted to the Elavil, the symptoms returned. I thought I would offer it just as a caution. I find that when my expectations are raised really high for a recovery, I fall a lot harder when the pendulum swings back to pain. I do hope you continue to feel great![/i]
Age: 40 Symptoms for seven years; Symptoms include: subrapubic & genital discomfort; perrenial pain, feeling like groin is swollen, problems with urinary frequency are resolved; helped by: abdominal stretching, Theracane work on abdomen, light exercise (nordic track); worsened by: sitting and office work
JAF

Post by JAF »

Thanks for the support guys. Timberdoodle, that isn't what I wanted to hear!! What did you do, increase the dosage? Did you just give up and stop using it? Have you migrated to other drugs instead?

Even if it does come back though - it hasn't fully left - at least I know that the right combination of factors can defeat if not minimize the painful symptoms. This is a tremendous step above feeling shamed and hopeless.
Age: 24 | Onset Age: 21 | Symptoms: Shifting pain from perineum to tip | Helped By: excercise, alpha blockers | Worsened By: sitting for long periods
timberdoodle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by timberdoodle »

JAF; I did try to up the dosage to 50 mg of Elavil, but I got really bad heartburn (one of the side effects), and it really didn't have the same impact as it did early on, so I gave up. I am going to be talking to my uro tomorrow about some other medications--maybe ultram? Take care--hope you stay pain free...
Age: 40 Symptoms for seven years; Symptoms include: subrapubic & genital discomfort; perrenial pain, feeling like groin is swollen, problems with urinary frequency are resolved; helped by: abdominal stretching, Theracane work on abdomen, light exercise (nordic track); worsened by: sitting and office work
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Remeron is a good Elavil alternative.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
robertpagen
Old Hand
Old Hand

which PT are you using in Toronto?

Post by robertpagen »

What is the contact info for the PT in Toronto?
Age: 43 | Onset Age: 17 | Symptoms: previously: constant urgency, premature ejaculation, burning at tip of penis, pelvic ache current: semi annual flares. | Helped By: PT, yoga, stretch, keeping warm(long johns) boxer briefs, regular sleep routine | Worsened By: cystoscopy, antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) alcohol, coffee, stress, masturbation, cold
JAF

Post by JAF »

The PT I visit is in West Seneca, NY. Her name is Nicole Fernandez and she is at Southtowns Physical Therapy. It's only a 2 hour drive from Toronto.