80% there

How men are beating this
budgie
Beginner
Beginner

80% there

Post by budgie »

Well, I can't believe it looking back 3 or 4 years, but after internal and external physio every two weeks for the last 14 months I'm actually feeling so much better and the pain recently has been receding to about 20% of what it was this time last year.

I just wanted all you newbies to know there is hope and not to feel that you've got to live with constant pain for evermore. I still have to take my painkillers each day (Tramadol and Neurontin) but am hoping that if this progress continues that I will be able to start reducing them as soon as I can.

Five years ago when this particular pain came on, it felt like I was sitting on a golf ball all the time. I was desperate. I'd done the usual rounds of uros etc but nothing had been found and eventually, after reading AHIP, I found a fantastic physio and started to see him every two weeks (it would have been more often but I have to fly to see him and cost was a consideration I couldn't ignore). He has been my saviour and I just wish there were more people like him on this planet. Hopefully, in years to come when more physios have been trained in this protocol it will be easier and quicker to treat this problem.

I'm not being complacent though. I've had this problem in varying guises for 20 years or so and it's gone and come back before, but this time I feel I'm controlling it and not the other way round!

My advice to anyone who is feeling desperate and has perineal pain and tension, to be proactive and find a physio who understands this problem and see them regularly. It will take time and effort on your part but believe me, it's worth it!
No information here may be taken as medical advice. Posters should not give personal medical advice for legal reasons
scotsman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by scotsman »

Great news :-D

Just make sure you keep us updated with progress.

Richard.
Not medical advice: Read my progress to date : Read about my W-A clinic visit

Age: 54 CPPS: 20 Yrs Recovery Status: 95% Symptoms: Pain around perineum Makes Worse: Tension, sitting Makes Better: Stretching, triggerpoint therapy, relaxation