UK therapists

Scammer alerts, reviews!
da0092
Beginner
Beginner

UK therapists

Post by da0092 »

I'll soon be moving back to the UK, but due to a relocation to the South of the country it won't be practical for me to see Bill Taylor regularly, although if I would I could as I feel the few sessions I had with him coincided with the most progress I made over the last 12 months of having this condition. My current Arizona based PT speaks of 3 UK PTs very highly, and describes them all as world class based on their reputation and the amount of information they put out to the PT network.

They are: Bill Taylor (Edinburgh), Ruth Jones (Southampton), and Gerard Greene (Birmingham).

There's plenty on this site about Bill, plenty positive as well as a few negative cases, but I can find almost nothing about either Ruth or Gerard. It would be interesting to hear if anybody has any experience or information of the latter two, and hopefully this thread can form be helpful to everybody based in the UK and Europe.
Age: 26 | Onset Age: 23 | Symptoms: Urethral & penis head inflammation & burning since Feb 2016. Mild rectal pain (coccyx) Dec 2016 - Mar 2017 and a brief spell of perineum inflammation in Dec 2016. | Helped By: Internal massage, stretching, hot baths, sauna/steam room, relaxation/mindfulness, PT. | Worsened By: Stress? Difficult to know, pain comes and goes in cycles, hard to identify cause of flare up.
da0092
Beginner
Beginner

Re: UK therapists

Post by da0092 »

Age: 26 | Onset Age: 23 | Symptoms: Urethral & penis head inflammation & burning since Feb 2016. Mild rectal pain (coccyx) Dec 2016 - Mar 2017 and a brief spell of perineum inflammation in Dec 2016. | Helped By: Internal massage, stretching, hot baths, sauna/steam room, relaxation/mindfulness, PT. | Worsened By: Stress? Difficult to know, pain comes and goes in cycles, hard to identify cause of flare up.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Just keep in mind regarding Bill Taylor:
viewtopic.php?p=40119#p40119
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5384
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
da0092
Beginner
Beginner

Post by da0092 »

Web do you have any info on the other 2?
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

No, never heard of them, which is odd. But more and more people (PTs) are getting into the pelvic pain game, so I'm sure there are quite a few good ones I have not heard about.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
JuanMilo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JuanMilo »

da0092 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 pm Ruth Jones: http://www.cerianlife.com/index.html
Ruth had to retire due to ill health
Age: 33 | Onset Age: 21 | Symptoms: Pain in urethra, sore/engorged veins on penis, pain upon/after ejaculation, occasional ache in testicles/abdomen, pain at base of penis at times | Helped By: Warm baths, not ejaculating too much, possible intermittent help from internal and external physiotherapy | Worsened By: Sitting on hard surfaces, ejaculating too much (or ejaculating at all, really), sit ups and other strenuous exercises like weights