Chicagoland PT

Scammer alerts, reviews!
jcacciat
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Chicagoland PT

Post by jcacciat »

Looking for a PT in the Chicago area. I see that Rhonda Kotarinos is no longer listed on this site. Is she no longer in practice? I would love to hear from someone who has recently seen someone in that area and had some degree of success. Thanks.
Age: 45 | Onset Age: 45 | Symptoms: Pain/discomfort in shaft, pain/pressure in perineum, rectal pain, occasional testicle pain; some frequency and nocturia (but decreasing). | Helped By: Aerobic exercise. | Worsened By: Sitting is horrible.
elitynski
Old Hand
Old Hand

Re: Chicagoland PT

Post by elitynski »

I went to Rhonda Kotarinos' office. I'm surprised she is not listed here as she is a leader in the PT treatment of CPPS. I went to her associate Maureen Okeefe until I left L.A. - definitely worth the investment. They don't take insurance so if you have insurance you will need to submit the claims (small price to pay for help). Here is her contact info.

1 TransAm Plaza Drive
Suite 170
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181-4822

(630) 620 - 0232
Age: 49 | Onset Age: 43 | Symptoms: Some overactive bladder symptoms | Helped By: Hot Baths, relaxation, a little valium, exercise / weight loss | Worsened By: stress, possibly diet, possibly...(fill in the blank)
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

elitynski wrote:I went to Rhonda Kotarinos' office. I'm surprised she is not listed here as she is a leader in the PT treatment of CPPS.
Read this thread
viewtopic.php?p=35215#p35215
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
jcacciat
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by jcacciat »

Elitynski,

Thank you. What made O'Keefe worth the time? What treatment did she provide and what benefits did you obtain? Many thanks for any insights.
Age: 45 | Onset Age: 45 | Symptoms: Pain/discomfort in shaft, pain/pressure in perineum, rectal pain, occasional testicle pain; some frequency and nocturia (but decreasing). | Helped By: Aerobic exercise. | Worsened By: Sitting is horrible.
guy97
Experienced
Experienced

Post by guy97 »

I've been doing work at the Antares Institute in Willowbrook. They're pretty good, even if I haven't obtained any benefit personally. They do know their stuff.

I too am still looking for a second opinion, however, so if anyone has any more suggestions, I am interested in a re-evaluation.
Age: 26 Onset Age: 23 (January 2011, UTI trigger) Symptoms: Chronic penile tip pain, burning urination, stinging with ejaculation. Helped By: W-A protocol, Elavil Worsened By: UrinationRecovery Status: 50% Location: Chicago
elitynski
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by elitynski »

Maureen O'Keefe does Myfascial Trigger Point Massage and Maureen does treat men.

She also really understands chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome & IC, she listens and she works with you. She will give you stretching recommendations and demonstrate good stretches.

She does thorough internal exams and explains what she's doing. She is also very warm and has a great bedside manner.

I found that I got as much from discussing the issues I was dealing with during the therapy session to be as valuable as the physical treatment.
Age: 49 | Onset Age: 43 | Symptoms: Some overactive bladder symptoms | Helped By: Hot Baths, relaxation, a little valium, exercise / weight loss | Worsened By: stress, possibly diet, possibly...(fill in the blank)