Therapist in South Florida (was: IC for 7 years)

Scammer alerts, reviews!
Jcfrank

Therapist in South Florida (was: IC for 7 years)

Post by Jcfrank »

Hi my name is jc. Just became a member. I worked in the medical field and I know that I have IC and looking for possible treatments. Been suffering for the past 7 years. Lived in south Florida. I read about a lot of success with pelvic floor therapy. Anyone knows a good therapist in south ford. Thanks
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: IC for 7 years

Post by webslave »

South Florida?
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
Jcfrank

Post by Jcfrank »

Yes. South florida. Thanks.
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by Jay »

Hi,

Try Pamela Downey at Partnership in Therapy. She's located in Coral Gables. Excellent reputation around UM/Sylvester and the University of Miami. 305-666-3232

She's my PT, and I can attest to her knowledge on pelvic floor dysfunction. Whether she would want to treat someone with an IC diagnosis, I do not know.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
Jcfrank

Re: Therapist in South Florida (was: IC for 7 years)

Post by Jcfrank »

Thank you very much for the info.