PT in Western Canada?

Scammer alerts, reviews!
NYanchuk
Beginner
Beginner

PT in Western Canada?

Post by NYanchuk »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any doctors maybe in Victoria or Vancouver that are knowledgeable about CPPS?

So far all canadian doctors seem to be out east.

Thanks!
Age: 26 - | Onset Age: 23 - | Symptoms: painful urination, painful ejaculation, cold penis, chronic pain through perenial area and penis esp. at tip of penis, penis desensitization, general pelvic discomfort and pain, dribbling, shooting pains up to abs, VERY easy loss of erection - | Worsened By: cold, sexual activity, alcohol, stress/stressful/strenuous activity, heavy lifting, concentrated urine, marajuana, hiking downhill, running - No Effect: stretching, acupuncture, mindfullness, relaxation, meditation, a blockers (alfuzosin, tamsulosin), antibiotics, painkiller, muscle relaxents, valerian root, quercetin (3 months...tried twice), low oxylate diet, herbal tinctures - Currently Trying: Lyrica 450mg/day + Tegretol 600mg/day. Seems to help a little, but the withdrawal + possibilities of worse pain make it scary to go off...
jahblessbc

Re: PT in Western Canada?

Post by jahblessbc »

Hey man,
former Vancouver resident here. I lived out West for a year with prostatitis and I saw even the head urologist at VGH as well as many other "esteemed" docs and they basically had nothing positive for me but to throw useless antibiotics and Flomax at me and say there is nothing more they can do. Moved out east a month ago and the knowledge on prostatitis is light years ahead here in Toronto unfortunately for us BC'ers.

If you can, get to Toronto. Try to get to Mount Sinai - the Murray Koffler Center. Huge difference in care, treatment and knowledge.

Take Care man... Let me know if I can be of help
Age:25 | Onset Age:24 | Symptoms:burning urethra, pain in the tip of penis, golf ball in rectum feeling, cold pain, weak urine stream, hesitant urination, dribbling. When flared feels like razor blades in penis. | Helped By: yoga, meditation, Alfuzosin - alpha blocker, Melloxicam - anti-inflammatory, going out and getting my mind off things, new experimental treatment, marijuana - sometimes, naturopathic tinctures designed at boosting immune system. Current treatment: Coil dispensing medication directly into prostate, prostatic massage. | Worsened By:sitting, stressing over it, alcohol
robertpagen
Old Hand
Old Hand

Re: PT in Canada?

Post by robertpagen »

How about in Montreal? Anyone knowledgeable and current?

Be well
Age: 43 | Onset Age: 17 | Symptoms: previously: constant urgency, premature ejaculation, burning at tip of penis, pelvic ache current: semi annual flares. | Helped By: PT, yoga, stretch, keeping warm(long johns) boxer briefs, regular sleep routine | Worsened By: cystoscopy, antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) alcohol, coffee, stress, masturbation, cold
jahblessbc

Post by jahblessbc »

Not off the top of my head but its always smart to go to a hospital tied in to a reputable university or academic center as they tend to be the most knowledgeable on current treatment modalities. Hospital affiliated with McGill possibly?
Age:25 | Onset Age:24 | Symptoms:burning urethra, pain in the tip of penis, golf ball in rectum feeling, cold pain, weak urine stream, hesitant urination, dribbling. When flared feels like razor blades in penis. | Helped By: yoga, meditation, Alfuzosin - alpha blocker, Melloxicam - anti-inflammatory, going out and getting my mind off things, new experimental treatment, marijuana - sometimes, naturopathic tinctures designed at boosting immune system. Current treatment: Coil dispensing medication directly into prostate, prostatic massage. | Worsened By:sitting, stressing over it, alcohol
NYanchuk
Beginner
Beginner

Post by NYanchuk »

Thanks for the reply!!!

"Mount Sinai - the Murray Koffler Center" - I take it you've been there? What is their approach to the situation? I might have to make a trip....

hmm... what about The Univeristy of Alberta? or just Edmonton/Calgary in general? Anyone from there getting any help? It would be an easier trip for me....

Thanks everyone.
Age: 26 - | Onset Age: 23 - | Symptoms: painful urination, painful ejaculation, cold penis, chronic pain through perenial area and penis esp. at tip of penis, penis desensitization, general pelvic discomfort and pain, dribbling, shooting pains up to abs, VERY easy loss of erection - | Worsened By: cold, sexual activity, alcohol, stress/stressful/strenuous activity, heavy lifting, concentrated urine, marajuana, hiking downhill, running - No Effect: stretching, acupuncture, mindfullness, relaxation, meditation, a blockers (alfuzosin, tamsulosin), antibiotics, painkiller, muscle relaxents, valerian root, quercetin (3 months...tried twice), low oxylate diet, herbal tinctures - Currently Trying: Lyrica 450mg/day + Tegretol 600mg/day. Seems to help a little, but the withdrawal + possibilities of worse pain make it scary to go off...
NYanchuk
Beginner
Beginner

Post by NYanchuk »

I JUST saw a Pelvic Floor Phyisotherapist in town (Victoria) named Jodi Ganton. It was mostly just discussion, but in the remaining time of the appointment she checked all my external fascia etc....but thats all we had time for. She seem quite knowledgeable about pelvic pain, and has seen Dr. Wise speak at Stanford apparently....next apointment she said she'll examine the tone of all my pelvic muscles and look for trigger points etc!!! I'm pretty happy.....I hope this leads somewhere!!!!! I was referenced to her by a RMT I found whom had chronic pelvic pain herself for 7 years and apparently is down to 95% better through physical therapy etc.
davyboy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by davyboy »

I'm not sure if anyone is checking this tread still but Sheena @ CURA physical therapies in Edmonton specializes in male pelvic pain and she is willing to do internal.
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26| Symptoms: Occasional penis discomfort (mild), primary pain is perineum - feels like I'm sitting on a golf ball, pressure in penis, almost like a stick is in my urethra, difficulty sitting for long periods of time, urinary frequency (some), incontinence (dribbling), right testicle pain (almost gone!), hip pain, stiff hips, lower back pain. Some abdomen pain. Just general discomfort in the area, post sex discomfort. | Helped By: External and Internal PT. Hot bathes. Supplements (mag, omega 3, vitamin b and D, prosta Q). Relaxing. Breathing exercises. Anti inflammatory diet. Stretches. Yoga | Worsened By: Stress. Core exercises, too much exercise, too little exercise, strenuous exercise. Sitting. Too much Sex | Other comments: Feeling better, but still not 100% I'd say I'm 75%