Looking for a therapist in Australia

Scammer alerts, reviews!
Ausie
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Looking for a therapist in Australia

Post by Ausie »

Thanks a lot cam_05 for the research, I've only been using a PC for 4 months now, so it is good to have someone with PC experience helping you,
Now I have seen Peter before I thought he was basic, but he does have a personal interest in pelvic pain, so you share a common interest, he had only covered one aspect of chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome and that is SIJ problems, this is only one component of the equation. I need to break up any scar tissue in the pelvis due to trauma that's where you get the internal and external work done by trigger points — done by hand not acupuncture — and myofascial releases, as the fibrous tissue stops the free movement of the nerve, which creates compression and then pain, I also want to get some counter strain done where you re-educate ligaments that have been traumatised, the tissue needs its original program, otherwise if tension is the new program due to trauma, your condition won't get better or you won't get maximum results.
:ideias:
pminturn
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pminturn »

You'd be surprised what some physical therapists know. I was given a referral to a PT by urologist. I immediately looked up their website. There was no mention of internal trigger point release. It all pointed to dealing with incontinence through biofeedback. Much to my surprise and delight, my PT is well versed in the therapy I know I need. She even had a copy of A HEADACHE IN THE PELVIS.
Age: 31 | Onset Age: 25 for pain, 28 for urinary symptoms | Symptoms: right suprapubic pain (intermittent) radiating into right testicle and lower right back, frequent and urgent urination, sitting on golf ball feeling | Helped By: stretching, moment-to-moment relaxation | Worsened By: anxiety, stress, being on my feet for too long
Ausie
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Ausie »

It's good to hear more Australians on line [only to get help] now I don't feel like the only Australian
So hi there mate /pminturn what is this site, and what state are you in ?
The more I talk to people the more I learn, these therapist are hiding out there, now the trick is to find the good ones, the one's that give results, so are you getting good results (I hope)
There are other people searching high and low for a therapist that know what they are talking about and give results
I am looking forward to be hearing from you :-D
pminturn
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pminturn »

I'm in the US. So sorry if there was any confusion. I'm not always very specific after a pint or 8.
Age: 31 | Onset Age: 25 for pain, 28 for urinary symptoms | Symptoms: right suprapubic pain (intermittent) radiating into right testicle and lower right back, frequent and urgent urination, sitting on golf ball feeling | Helped By: stretching, moment-to-moment relaxation | Worsened By: anxiety, stress, being on my feet for too long
Ausie
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Ausie »

That's cool pminturn, I had a flash of hidden PT's in Australia, to good to be true, there probably is but there in the wood work, I will continue net working to find someone close :62_58_40:
cam_05
Beginner
Beginner

Post by cam_05 »

I had a one hour appointment with Sharon last week. There wasn't any physical therapy really, no massaging internally or externally which i'm a little bummed about.

We mainly discussed my condition, then she showed me some ways to stretch out the tense muscles internally. Then with that little anal probe that measures tension she showed me ways to reduce my tension, which she wants me to do as often as I can remember. Because I said I was doing stretches, and already doing internal massage she didn't show me how to do those things, but i'm guessing she would have.

I'll be seeing her again in a month at which time she wants to monitor my progress. If things haven't improved she would like me to consider the anti-depressant I think it's called Elavil. That is meant to relax your muscles. From there we may look at doing a nerve block and then Botox injections.

Overall it's a relief to have someone who understands my issue however given the benefits I've had from previous prostate massages I was hoping for someone to really work my internal muscles. I love the feeling of good pain and was expecting to leave barely being able to walk. The appointment focused more on education than on therapy, which has it's merits I guess. I don't like the idea of taking medication and injections etc as to me that is a form of acknowledging the severity of my problem which I don't think does wonders for my anxiety. It has however given me the motivation to really do my routine daily and focus on fixing this myself so wish me luck.

I might try that Sydney spine and pelvis centre I mentioned a couple of posts back as they mentioned they treat it with myofascial release. So at least there would be some PT involved. Otherwise I'll see if I can get Sharon to actually do a session of PT.

Ausie I would definitely recommend calling and asking for a detailed response of their treatment before you consider the travel. Whilst they appeared knowledgeable i'm not sure what they could offer you, especially as our circumstances differ considerably. On the plus she did mention that they were discussing bringing on two uro's at that female clinic thing they run and making it for both sexes. I think one of the uro's was Dr Lewis Chan from Concord. Maybe it might be worth giving them a call at the least to get the contact of the uro's they recommend.
Age:24 | Onset Age:22 | Symptoms: Urgency and penile tip pain. Frequency at it worst. Reduced libido and functioning. | Helped By: Prostate massage. That's about it so far. Haven't thoroughly tried PT yet however. | Worsened By: Sitting. Perhaps stress and negative thoughts. Chiro, candida detox and standard treatments have not helped.
Ausie
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Ausie »

Hey Cam thanks a lot for the info and the advice it's greatly appreciated as a trip to Sydney takes planing and I don't want to waste it, That's Sherin not Sharon isn't it ? That didn't sound to crash hot, in the respect of not having a manual physio session, did you you have to travel far ? Well Sydney has a good transport system as far as I remember, but it's the issue of sitting. Gees I forgot about the pelvic and spine centre, do the do internal work ? well when your on a good wicket PM me.

My mate here gave a name of a chiro who is suppose to be good, I'll give him a go as I have run out of options up here.

I tried to contact Dr Lewis Chan a while ago, I don't remember now whether or not he was in the lop of pelvic pain or I couldn't get in touch with him ???
All the best buddy and thanks