Urologist in the Chicago Area

Scammer alerts, reviews!
kalcal6870

Urologist in the Chicago Area

Post by kalcal6870 »

Does anyone know of a good urologist in the Chicago area that understands prostatitis well and can help me with treatment? I have a current urologist, but he doesn't seem to understand prostatitis well. His focus seems more on surgery for prostate cancer.

Thanks!
Age: 39 | Onset Age: 36 | Symptoms: Started out as blood in semen and mild achiness in groin, perineal region (occasionally over 1.5 years). Over the last year, the blood in semen has become chronic. Last six months: Frequency and urgency of urination, irritation at end of penis, feeling of inflammation/swelling in perineal region, overall feeling in the region like itchy and sneezy. | Helped By: Relaxation, mental imagery, good night sleep, Flomax (somewhat), over-the-counter NSAIDs, maintaining normal blood sugar levels? | Worsened By: stress, possibly diet (e.g., acidic foods, spicy foods), lifting, exercise (unfortunately), standing in one place, sitting in certain positions.
elitynski
Old Hand
Old Hand

Re: Urologist in the Chicago Area

Post by elitynski »

Hey - I'm in Chicago and could help you as I've seen four and could recommend 2 - can you PM me or just post whom you've seen and I'll give you some leads.

Also - could you post your symptoms, etc.

Thanks.
Age: 49 | Onset Age: 43 | Symptoms: Some overactive bladder symptoms | Helped By: Hot Baths, relaxation, a little valium, exercise / weight loss | Worsened By: stress, possibly diet, possibly...(fill in the blank)
freddyj
Beginner
Beginner

Post by freddyj »

Hey, I'm in the Chicago area and saw Antony Schaeffer, MD at Northwestern. He was somewhat dismissive and I wouldn't recommend him (but I did get a referral for PT).

Does anyone know a good neurourologist in the Chicago area? Has anyone been to Dr. Wheeler at loyola? I've reached a wall, it seems, and want to pursure the possiblilty of a primary bladder outlet obstruction causing these symptoms.

Thanks!
Age: 28 | Onset Age: 23 | Symptoms: Essentially resolved. Previously severe and unrelenting bladder neck pain; frequency, and burning during urination | Helped By: Trazadone, Celexa, Flomax, running | Worsened By: symptoms have stabilized for the most part, sometimes ejaculation makes them worse
rs81
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rs81 »

Does anyone know of a good urologist in the Chicago area that understands prostatitis
age 28,onset 28, symptoms-burning pain at the tip of penis after urination which never stops, feels good while urinating, hard to sit, sore butt, sore tailbone, pressure at rectum while sitting, pain increases with spicy food, perineum pain. Prior Treatments:many antibiotics, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), abdominal ultrasound (normal). helped by hot tub, so far.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Schaeffer is one of the best known uros in the world, but he's old school. Wheeler you avoid like the plague. Search the forum for "peenuts".
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it