Dr. Bart Gershbein (Stanford Clinic, Greenbrae, CA)

Scammer alerts, reviews!
MattK
Beginner
Beginner

Dr. Bart Gershbein (Stanford Clinic, Greenbrae, CA)

Post by MattK »

I attended the Stanford Clinic and must say that though expensive it was a good experience as far as Tim Sawyer and Dr. Wise were concerned. However, in regards to DR BART GERSHBEIN (one of three urologists seen prior to the Stanford Clinic) it was a nightmare!!! While at his office, I had a veso-vegal nerve response to a rectal exam, was left naked and unattended standing in the exam room, and subsequently blacked out from the nerve response and busted my head open on his office floor. He said the response occurs in 1 in 200 people (should be 1 patient every few weeks by my math) I spent the night in the ER getting stitches and being monitored for a concussion. He refused to offer an apology, drive me to the hospital (drove my bleeding self), and then refused to pay any of my $2,000 medical bills after charging $700 for his visit! When I threatened litigation 6 months later he submitted fraudulent charges to my insurance provider and offered to consider waiving these false charges in exchange for my ceasing legal action. So if you attend the clinic out in CA tell Dr. Wise you don't want to see Gershbein, and request another urologist!
Age:25 | Onset Age:24 | Symptoms:anterior levator ani pain, pain w/ sitting particularly, urinary symptoms | Helped By: ? | Worsened By: stress and worry
Spasman
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Watch out for Bad Urologist in Stanford Clinic, CA

Post by Spasman »

Sorry about that bro. Next time someone want to do the finger test, lubricate your canal first.

Was it the first time you pass out like that?
Age:37 | Onset Age:22 (CPPS followed by NSAIDS-induce IBS) Symptoms:Trapped gas/irritated tip of the Penis Helped By Cold water/heat compress: | Worsened By:Food that cause gas or constipation
chath
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Re: DR BART GERSHBEIN in Stanford Clinic, CA

Post by chath »

I'm surprised. Is he in the same building as Dr. Anderson? I found Dr. Anderson to be the best urologist I've seen, and I came out of there feeling more positive then ever. They treated me with care and concern, something completely lacking at most uro offices.
Age: 28 | Onset Age:25 | Symptoms: Burning during urination (every so often), pain in tip of penis (not as much anymore), pain in perineum (ditto..not as bad as before), pain in anus, butt pain | Helped By: TP therapy, stretching, relaxation, good diet | Worsened By: sex, stress, sitting for long periods
MattK
Beginner
Beginner

Re: DR BART GERSHBEIN in Stanford Clinic, CA

Post by MattK »

No, completely different private practice.
Age:25 | Onset Age:24 | Symptoms:anterior levator ani pain, pain w/ sitting particularly, urinary symptoms | Helped By: ? | Worsened By: stress and worry
David15

Re: Dr. Bart Gershbein (Stanford Clinic, Greenbrae, CA)

Post by David15 »

I'm sorry to hear about your episode with Dr. Gershbein. This just shows everyone that we have to be careful when dealing with doctors in regard to this condition. They are not sympathetic to your condition. I have more than once been left alone in cold exam rooms for long periods in an awkward position with my pants down.

My Example. My general physician gave me Flomax for my urinary urgency symptoms which caused me to faint! When I mentioned the fainting, neither my general physician or urologist made the connection with my taking Flomax. It was not until I saw a Flomax tv commercial which says in rare cases fainting may occur that I made the connection. As soon as I stopped taking the Flomax my lightheadedness and dizziness disappeared. Meanwhile, I could have cracked my head open when I fainted in the bathroom. By the way, Flomax has another very disturbing side effect, it stops ejaculation during orgasm.

I have seen 3 urologists for my pelvic pain. None of them have given me any good information except one gave me a pamphlet by a pelvic floor dysfunction physical therapist. The PT led me to Dr. Wise's book, A Headache In The Pelvis. I too went to the Stanford clinic and found Tim Sawyer and Dr. David Wise to be honorable people who imparted a lot of helpful information well worth the expense.