Male Pelvic Pain Blog

Latest research and happenings
MajorSky1
Old Hand
Old Hand

Male Pelvic Pain Blog

Post by MajorSky1 »

Howdy,
I hope it's alright that I post this here. I took part in a Male Pelvic Pain therapist's (my PT) blog, and wrote an entry for her based on questions she asked. I'm not trying to advertise for anyone here, just putting this out there to show that male pelvic pain seems to be gaining traction as therapists (like my good friend, and pelvic floor therapist, Jen) are passionately studying the various kinds of pelvic pain in men.
It's sites like this one that have carved a path AWAY from quackery of physicians (urologists) who have, and still sometimes do throw antibiotics at a condition that has (almost entirely) ZERO to do with infection. I'm very encouraged that so many PTs really do understand this is a psychoneuromuscular disorder, and it needs be treated with simultaneous, multiple approaches (not JUST PT).

She changed my name for privacy purposes (so don't call me Ben, :P )

https://www.hermanwallace.com/blog/over ... vor-2-of-2
Age: 49| Onset Age: 47| Symptoms: Pain locations: Intermittent left and right front pelvic floor lateral to urethra; occasionally left side tailbone pain (rarer); left spermatic chord pain (become rare); Post BM-Pain helped by distraction during Bowel Movement.| Current meds: None. Helped by: deep breathing, mediation, hiking, distractions, exercise. Approximately 98% improved, varying depending on stress levels.