Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Lifestyle Factors Not Linked to CPPS

Post by webslave »

Lifestyle Factors Not Linked to Chronic Prostatitis/Pelvic Pain

No correlations seen in large cohort study of U.S. male health professionals

Body mass index, waist circumference, waist-to-hip ratio, cigarette smoking, and hypertension are not associated with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, according to a study published in the November issue of The Journal of Urology
http://www.doctorslounge.com/index.php/news/pb/59053
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
Wolfcub
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Lifestyle Factors Not Linked to CPPS

Post by Wolfcub »

CP/CPPS tend to appear at quite young ages (20-35) so I'm not surprised those mentioned factors are not correlated with this.
Age: 30 | Onset Age: 19| Symptoms: Urinary frequency, Urinary urgency, constant 24/7 sensation in the penis (in the tip mainly - burning/pressure/discomfort/"wetness"), Nocturia, discomfort and pressure in the pelvic region radiating to the abdomen and becoming severe as time passes since last urination (resolved in 2014 by myofascial release), Stream velocity is somewhat slow and prolonged with an average velocity of ~13cc/min (and max 18cc/min) found in flowmetry test when bladder is filled with 500cc at age 25 (I always feel like I need to press my abdomen to urinate, improved later on when using alpha blockers)| Helped By: especially MYOFASCIAL RELEASE (especially in the areas of hips and abdomen) - generally resolved my abdominal aches, but penile symptoms remained the same| Worsened By: Coffee and possibly some other food as well| Other comments: Quercetin and acupuncture helped me no more than a placebo effect. Age 25-26: Diagnosed with indirect inguinal hernia and medium hydrocele at the same side. After operation many of the acute symptoms disappeared, but the chronic urinary and pelvic symptoms remained much the same.