Transperineal ultrasonic therapy

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Transperineal ultrasonic therapy

Post by webslave »

Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2013 Jan;19(1):49-53.
[Transperineal ultrasonic therapy for chronic prostatitis].
[Article in Chinese]
Li HS, Wang B, Han L, Wang CH, Xin ZC.
Department of Andrology, Dongzhimen Hospital, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700, China. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of transperineal ultrasonic therapy for chronic prostatitis (CP) by analyzing the scores of NIH-CPSI and the results of prostate fluid routine examination.

METHODS: We conducted a randomized, double-blind, multi-centered trial on 96 CP patients that met the inclusion criteria. We divided the patients into groups A (trial) and B (control) of equal number, the former treated by transperineal ultrasound, while the latter with the same machine but no ultrasound waves, 10 min a time qd alt for 2 weeks. Then we evaluated the therapeutic effect and safety by comparing the scores of NIH-CP-SI and counts of white blood cells (WBC) and lecithin corpuscles (LC) in the prostate fluid between the two groups before and after treatment.

RESULTS: The total effectiveness rate was 70.83% in group A and 25% in group B (P < 0.01). The scores on prostate pain, urinary symptoms and quality of life as well as the total NIH-CPSI score were significantly improved in group A as compared with pretreatment (P < 0.05), and so were the prostate pain score and total NIH-CPSI score in group B (P < 0.05). Statistically significant differences were observed between the two groups in the scores on prostate pain and urinary symptoms and total NIH-CPSI score after treatment (P < 0.05), but not in any of the NIH-CPSI scores before treatment (P > 0.05), nor were there any significant differences in the counts of WBCs and LC either between the two groups or within each group before and after treatment (P > 0.05). Two patients experienced adverse events in group A, and 1 in group B (P > 0.05).

CONCLUSION: Transperineal ultrasonic therapy is highly effective for CP, especially in relieving prostate pain. With its advantages of safety, easy operation and high acceptability, it deserves a wider clinical application.

PMID: 23469662
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Re: Transperineal ultrasonic therapy

Post by critthinker »

This is a very interesting study. I've had good results in deactivating TrPs using ultrasound wand purchased for $25 on eBay. I'd recommend it to others. Here's an interesting article on US and TrPs:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/n ... m&orig_qs=
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,
mamabuna

Post by mamabuna »

@critthinker can you detail the wand : what brand ? how you use it ? What is your success with it ?

thank you
Age: 35 | Onset Age: 3 month| Symptoms: pain in my penis & testicles comes and goes, pain that is in between my anus and testicles -is there all time, the golf ball sensation in my bottom, frequent urination, incomplete voiding | Helped By: Cipro | Worsened By: don't know yet| Other comments: currently on Cipro and works I have no pain or discomfort, I was on sulfamethoxazole for 2 weeks but once I stopped it came back in about 2 weeks. Currently working with chiropractor - he discovered asymmetry in my pelvis , my left foot was 1 inch longer then my right foot
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by critthinker »

Here's the one I used:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-ULTR ... 1e5e93664e

I just use it on the perineum/over the sphincter. It seemed to reduce my pain somewhat when I used it on a regular basis.
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,
mamabuna

Post by mamabuna »

@critthinker thank you for your reply. How is any accredited quercetin product working for you ?
Age: 35 | Onset Age: 3 month| Symptoms: pain in my penis & testicles comes and goes, pain that is in between my anus and testicles -is there all time, the golf ball sensation in my bottom, frequent urination, incomplete voiding | Helped By: Cipro | Worsened By: don't know yet| Other comments: currently on Cipro and works I have no pain or discomfort, I was on sulfamethoxazole for 2 weeks but once I stopped it came back in about 2 weeks. Currently working with chiropractor - he discovered asymmetry in my pelvis , my left foot was 1 inch longer then my right foot
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by critthinker »

It's been helping. I went off of it for a long time and it seems like that made me worse.