Biofeedback can help

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Biofeedback can help

Post by webslave »

Biofeedback has some relation to the Wise and Anderson concept of Paradoxical Relaxation, I'd say.

New study supports biofeedback - click here.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
Paso
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by Paso »

I have searched for a good explanation to "Biofeedback". What excatly is Biofeedback? Any good links that explain?

/Paso
Age:34 | Onset Age:29 | Symptoms: Suprapubic burning on and off, frequency on and off, Dribbling, | Helped By: PT for sure has helped me, stretching, Baking Soda, drinking lots of water, Omega 3 | Worsened By: Concentrated urine, Coffee, Stress...
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
Paso
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by Paso »

Thanks. Now I know. I agree it makes sense. Similar apporoach as Wise/Anderson.

Have anyone tried this? Might test it. One more thing that could hardly hurt.

/Paso
Age:34 | Onset Age:29 | Symptoms: Suprapubic burning on and off, frequency on and off, Dribbling, | Helped By: PT for sure has helped me, stretching, Baking Soda, drinking lots of water, Omega 3 | Worsened By: Concentrated urine, Coffee, Stress...
jasno999

Post by jasno999 »

IS biofeedback the same as stress relaxation? I tried it for a while but fell off the wagon. I need to get back to SR. I got some cds that you are supposed to listen to and then mental go over your body and relax all your muscles. I am just scared that I am nto doign it wright. But I think that I was and just need to get back to it.

I am sick of the pain that I get. I have it in my testicles and it goes past that but seems to concentrate at that spot.
latte
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by latte »

I did six sessions of biofeedback. When I started I was skeptical but there was more to it than I thought. They put a electric probe in your butt which is hooked up to a monitor and probes on your abdomin. They ask you to squeeze your sphincter and relax without using your abs. You can see the difference on the screen. You then go home and practice squeezing to strengthen your pelvic muscles. This part of it didn't do much for me but then they put another probe in your butt and electrically stimulate your pelvic floor for 20 minutes. This reduced my pain quite a bit for about 24 hours each time. After six sessions I am not pain free but much better. My pain now comes and goes, at least it goes some of the time.
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By: | Other comments: