Chronic Pain Gene Identified

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Chronic Pain Gene Identified

Post by webslave »

Chronic Pain Gene - HCN2 - Identified, Hopes For New Targeted Pain Drugs
A gene called HCN2 produces a protein which regulates chronic pain, researchers from Cambridge University, England, and the University of Cadiz, Spain reported in the journal Science. They added that medications which inhibit the gene's protein production could be extremely effective in combating chronic pain.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/234213.php
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
guy97
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Chronic Pain Gene Identified

Post by guy97 »

This sounds quite promising. It'd be really nice to find a drug that actually works on chronic neuropathic pain.
Age: 26 Onset Age: 23 (January 2011, UTI trigger) Symptoms: Chronic penile tip pain, burning urination, stinging with ejaculation. Helped By: W-A protocol, Elavil Worsened By: UrinationRecovery Status: 50% Location: Chicago
sediment6
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Chronic Pain Gene Identified

Post by sediment6 »

I think until when all this biotechnology stuff really kicks off two or three decades from now is when this chronic nerve modulated pain stuff will begin to be a thing of the past. Some of that stuff they've been doing with gene therapy is miraculous. I am aware that it is still in its infancy but I am nevertheless inspired at how promising some of the research has been. Giving monkeys color vision, curing cancer, growing organs via 3d printing, genomic medicine, curing HIV, the list goes on. I am optimistic that towards the very end of my lifetime, long-lasting debilitating pain will be largely eradicated.

I can't help but note that I read this article the morning it came out and webslave had it up the same day.
Age:19 | Onset Age:19. July 7th, 2011. | Symptoms: burning testicular pain, burning perineal pain, poor range of motion in right hip flexor, post ejaculatory pain (usually), decreased libido, depression | Helped By: narcotic pain killers, stretching (not sure) | Worsened By: alcoholic beverages, mostly unsure what effects my symptoms for better or worse.