Dimitrakov files patent for CPPS diagnosis

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Dimitrakov files patent for CPPS diagnosis

Post by webslave »

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20080268463

First filed in 2007, only noticed it now.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
DMcU
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dimitrakov files patent for CPPS diagnosis

Post by DMcU »

This is interesting. The concept of certain proteins being detected in the urine of sufferers of CPPS. I know a trace of protein in the blood is acceptable. I luckily got one of the urine tester kits from a pharmacy that they usually only sell to doctors. I have noticed a fluctuation in protein levels but none higher than the trace level thankfully.

This also would mean that diagnosis could be ascertained rather than just being made by default or by process of elimination.
Maybe this would tie in with increased amounts of cortisol that are excreted during anxiety?

Another thing I noticed since I have been dealing with this is that my urine smells strongly, even though I have stopped my caffeine binge and changed to herbal tea and water only. Perhaps this is due to new substances being present in the urine? Or perhaps it's just due to the change in drinks.

But sometimes I do get very frothy urine, which would indicate protein in the urine. I have never had a kidney infection or the likes nor have I ever noticed such frothiness!

Is the presence of the proteins they discuss in the study causing sympyoms in itself?

It will be interesting to see what will spring from this study.
Age: 25 Onset: 23. | Symptoms: Burning in urethra, urinary frequency/urgency, 'golf ball' in butt syndrome, muscle tension form pelvis to calves, constipation, IBS, testicular pain/inflam, bladder pain when nearly full, difficulty relaxing muscles (coccygeal, levator ani etc.), pain and muscles tension in anus/perineum. Helped by: quercetin, relaxation, baths, heat packs applied to perineum. Worsened by: Stress, driving, sitting, jogging, caffeine etc.
mchenlo

Re: Dimitrakov files patent for CPPS diagnosis

Post by mchenlo »

where can you get this kit?
Age: 52 | Onset Age: 50 | Symptoms: current S(groin,leg,pubic pain); occasional body aches | Helped By: hot/cold showers; yoga; pelvic massage | Worsened By: sex more than once a week