Boston study: call for participants

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Boston study: call for participants

Post by webslave »

My name is Jessica Bass and I am a research intern working with Elicia Estrella on the Genetics of Chronic Prostatitis/IC/PBS/CPPS study at Children’s Hospital Boston.

We are currently looking for individuals who suffer from a condition called Interstitial Cystitis (also called Painful Bladder Syndrome or Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome) and/or Chronic Prostatitis to be a part of a research study. The study is being conducted by the Harvard Urological Diseases Research Center at Children’s Hospital Boston.

The purpose of the study is to find genes that may influence the development of Interstitial Cystitis which hopefully help us develop better ways to detect and treat this condition.

Participants must:
• Have interstitial cystitis, painful bladder syndrome, or chronic pelvic pain
• Be willing to answer 2 brief study questionnaires
• Be willing to provide a saliva and urine sample
• Live in the USA or Canada

There is no cost to participate in this study and there is no need to travel.

We were wondering if there is any way to discuss our study on your website. We feel that it would be invaluable not only to our research, but also to patients who realize that there is research being done on their condition. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at (617)919-2998. Thank you. You can also contact the study genetic counselor, Elicia Estrella, at 617-919-4552 or [email protected]

Sincerely,
Jessica Bass
[email protected]
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it