Nonpharmacological Approaches to Treating CPPS

Latest research and happenings
Dimdem
Beginner
Beginner

Nonpharmacological Approaches to Treating CPPS

Post by Dimdem »

Nonpharmacological Approaches for the Treatment of Urological Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes in Men
Jeannette M. Potts, MD
Current Urology Reports 2009, 10:289-294

Chronic nonbacterial prostatitis, or urological chronic pelvic pain syndrome (UCPPS), remains a common and often challenging disorder to evaluate and treat. Employing a more holistic approach, including urological therapy, physical therapy, and psychosocial perspectives, may be more appropriate for most patients. Growing evidence supports the use of biofeedback, myofascial trigger point release, prescribed exercise regimens, relaxation techniques, and supportive counseling to treat men with UCPPS.
carld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Nonpharmacological Approaches to Treating CPPS

Post by carld »

:-D
I am not a medical doctor. Please fill out your signature (click here) ☼ ☼ My Starter List for new members
I encourage anxiety prone UCPPS people to consider L-Theanine
Age, 44 onset age 37 Feb 2006 Freq. need to urinate. Sensation of having to urinate soon after going. Perineum discomfort/burning/tightness, pubic area discomfort @ times,poor urine stream, post urine dripping/spray. All symptoms have improved with my protocol. At the worst I give it a 1 to 2 on irritation and discomfort and frequency. Helps: Elavil 5mg for anxiety and mast cell protection, (will only take it as needed) self internal PT as needed, stretching, walking, stairmaster cardio workout and light weights, reducing stress, moment to moment relaxation, deep breathing relaxation and using a Theracane. Makes worse: sitting for long periods, stress, over focusing on it. Currently 95%-98% recovered. Stay positive, relaxed and control your anxiety.