Multidisciplinary Approach Recommended for Pelvic Pain

Latest research and happenings
Rufus
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Multidisciplinary Approach Recommended for Pelvic Pain

Post by Rufus »

MONDAY, July 20 (HealthDay News) -- In a commentary on three diverse studies in the August Journal of Urology, a leading urologist advocates a multidisciplinary approach to unravel the complex pathologies of pelvic pain, prostatitis, painful bladder syndrome, and interstitial cystitis.

Timothy D. Moon, M.D., of the University of Wisconsin in Madison....applauds the funding of the Multidisciplinary Approach to Chronic Pelvic Pain Network, a multidisciplinary group of investigators planning diverse studies of the complex of pelvic pain diseases, including studies in epidemiology, neurobiology, urological and non-urological phenotyping, disease biomarkers, and organ cross-talk pathways.

"In conclusion, progress is being made but perhaps bladder and prostate are words that should be omitted from the current diagnostic label if we are to truly understand the pathophysiological process," Moon writes.

http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmed ... ail/612330
Age:37 | Onset Age: 35 | Symptoms: pain in testicles that comes and goes that also switches sides-trying to find a pattern as to "why" this happens/Rectal Burn at the 6 O'clock position at my anus which tends to flare around the periphery of my anus typically after defication but no perineum pain-no "golf ball" pain. Pain in testicles worsens as I sit but not always...Pain is not always present but depresses me. Pain used to be at a very high level but has subsided in time to a low level but has not gone away. Pain used to flare after sex but not as much as before although it still like playing russian roulette./
/Lack of SleepHelped By: I haven't found anything that has helped to my knowledge. Tried many many sessions of PT, accupuncture and chiropractic care but still have not found steady relief that takes me back to a pre CPPS state.