Mayo Clinic find no link between CPPS and Prostate Cancer

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Mayo Clinic find no link between CPPS and Prostate Cancer

Post by webslave »

In another landmark study, the prestigious Mayo Clinic found no link between chronic pelvic pain and prostate cancer, and only a weak link between chronic bacterial prostatitis and prostate cancer.

To quote the abstract:
chronic pelvic pain syndrome was not associated at all [with prostate cancer]
:mrgreen: :pleased:

This finally puts to rest the twaddle about how chronic pelvic pain leads to prostate cancer, an idea pushed by the Prostatitis Foundation and various quacks on the web hawking bogus products. Bang, another of their theories is shot down!

:snipersmilie:
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
tractor316

Post by tractor316 »

Yes this is good news . Great find Web slave ........
prostateman

Re: Mayo Clinic find no link between CPPS and Prostate Cance

Post by prostateman »

webslave wrote:In another landmark study, the prestigious Mayo Clinic found no link between chronic pelvic pain and prostate cancer, and only a weak link between chronic bacterial prostatitis and prostate cancer.

To quote the abstract:
chronic pelvic pain syndrome was not associated at all [with prostate cancer]
:mrgreen: :pleased:

This finally puts to rest the twaddle about how chronic pelvic pain leads to prostate cancer, an idea pushed by the Prostatitis Foundation and various quacks on the web hawking bogus products. Bang, another of their theories is shot down!

:snipersmilie:
I agree that there is no reason to connect pelvic pain in general with prostate cancer and AFAIK nobody has ever claimed any such link. However, when it comes prostatitis I know that Dr. Ronald E. Wheeler believes that there is a connection. And this is also what the study from the Mayo Clinic indicates. Here is a quote from their study:
RESULTS: The relative odds of prostate cancer were elevated in men with history of any type of prostatitis (odds ratio [OR] = 1.7; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.1-2.6) or acute prostatitis (2.5; 1.3-4.7).
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Certain parties have implied for years in various ways that chronic pelvic pain is a precursor of both BPH and prostate cancer. Believe me on this, I know what I am talking about.

Secondly, Wheeler believes that prostatitis (by which he means chronic pelvic pain, if you read his website), is an almost certain precursor to prostate cancer. His website stated that in the past, although I see our trenchant criticism of his views may have caused him to change the content (which is a positive development).

As for the study confirming that "prostatitis" (acute or chronic bacterial - not really the topic of this board) is associated with prostate cancer, the results show a weak link. Bear in mind that the majority of men develop prostate cancer if they live long enough.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it