Battling Prostatitis for 1,5 years now

General discussion of male pelvic pain
xdice

Battling Prostatitis for 1,5 years now

Post by xdice » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for some advice in regards to what options I have with my symptoms. Here is a brief summary of events/symptoms.

[list=1]
  • [*]In August of 2013, I was admitted to hospital with very sudden onset, severe testicular pain, earlier that day I was doing some heavy lifting in the gym and the doctors suspected that it resulted in testicular torsion. I had a surgery the night I was admitted to the hospital and it turned out that there was no torsion. After a few days I was released and I was feeling fine

• [*]A week later, I started experiencing pain in my testicles again, this time it was a bit different as it took a while to develop and this time ejaculation hurt as well. Doctors suspected that I had some infections, so I was given Ciprofloxacin for 2 weeks. It helped a bit but once I finished the course my symptoms relapsed and I got worse. And I developed pain in my prostate area, pelvic area and lower back area too.

• [*]Due to mostly being ignored by my doctor, I switched to a different one in November 2013, who asked for a urine and semen culture and they found Staphylococcus aureus and Enterococcus faecalis in my semen and urine. So I was put on Levofloxacin in combination with Ampicillin for 4 weeks. It has helped a lot, but again a few weeks after I finished the treatment my symptoms relapsed. Urine/Semen culture then showed no sign of infection

• [*]In January 2014 I had to move so I switched doctors again. Ever since then I have been on and off of different antibiotics and while they always helped a little, they never truly resolved any issue. During this time I also had various UTIs too, sometimes with high temperature

• [*]During the summer of 2014, I have had various ultrasounds and they were all normal, a urologist diagnosed me with Chronic Prostatits and suggested Elavil to deal with the pain. Unfortunately I couldn't take it due to other condition

• [*]In November 2014, I saw a different urologist who asked for urine/semen culture again. And Staphylococcus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa were found in my semen, so I was prescribed 8 weeks of antibiotics, which I recently completed. It didn't help. Now I am waiting for an MRI of my pelvic area.
  • [/list]

[b]Main symptoms:[/b] One of the biggest symptoms is the extremely tender prostate gland, I had numerous prostate exams and all the urologist said that they never had a patient whose prostate gland was so tender to the touch. I cannot sit at all as it feels like I am being impaled by a spear. In addition I have constant lower back pain in my kidney area, which also seem to cause nausea. I also have a general discomfort and sometimes pain in my pelvic and bladder area and sometimes urination or ejaculation is painful/comes with a burning/stinging sensation.

[b]Other conditions:[/b]
    [list=a]
  • [*]I suspect I might have CFS. Why? I have constant sore throat and lymph nodes in my neck are often swollen and very painful. I have trouble concentrating, and I have some memory issues lately. But most of all, I feel extremely weak and tired. I cannot walk more than 20 minutes without feeling nauseated and feeling that I am about to pass out. Sleep barely helps, after 9-10 hours of sleep, I get very sleepy again in a few hours. I had some of these symptoms before my Prostatitis too, but ever since then it got a LOT worse

• [*]I have Borderline Personality Disorder (that's why I can't take Elavil) as well as generalised anxiety and chronic depression for at least 6 years now.
  • [/list]

My question is... Due to positive semen culture tests I always thought it was bacterial prostatitis, I am not so sure anymore. What options do I have? How do I move forward?
    Age: 24 Onset Age: 22 Symptoms: Extremely tender prostate gland, constant pain in that area, especially after pressure (eg. sitting down). Constant pain in the pelvic/bladder area. Painful, burning urination and ejaculation. Lower back pain, around kidney area. Nausea, generally extremely tired and weak. Helped By: Lot of resting, sleep, and warm and dry weather. Distractions. Worsened By: Cold/wet weather, stress, lack of sleep. Tests/Prior Treatments: Numerous antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, Ampicillin etc.) Urine/Semen tests (on two occasions, Staph. Aureus + Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staph. aureus + Enterococcus bacteria were found) Bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), Elavil (cannot take it due to other condition).

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login