Obsessive compulsive disorder and CPPS

General discussion of male pelvic pain
9999maverick88
Beginner
Beginner

Obsessive compulsive disorder and CPPS

Post by 9999maverick88 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Does anyone on here have OCD? I'm just curious because I know that OCD is an anxiety related disorder. I think I may have some symptoms of it as I do ...login to view the rest of this post
Onset Age: 13 Current Age: 21 History: Must of started as a urinary tract infection. My left testicle was hurting, and I waited about 2-3 years before mentioning it to the doctor. I was then put on antibiotics, which did not help. I saw 3-4 different urologists over the years. I was diagnosed with chronic epididymitis. About 2 years ago, the pain in my epididymis subsided, but I still have pain in the rectum/perineum/prostate areas. I have tried courses of antibiotics, ibuprofen, Prosta-Q, saw palmetto, cranberry juice, and many other natural remedies. This problem gets worse following defecation, or jogging/running. I definitely feel tightness in the pelvic floor, but I don't know how to relax it without concentrating on it (and thinking about this issue makes it much worse for me). I found over the years that my mind tends to focus on the pain, and if I'm distracted, it tends to get better. I read headache in the pelvis and feel that their interpretation of the problem is correct. I have recently started doing relaxation techniques and taking warm baths.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login