Enroll in a clinical trial!

New here? Please read before posting questions
Post Reply
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:23 am
Location: USA

Enroll in a clinical trial!

Post by kevin » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:22 am

This is a reminder to everyone that you can do a lot for your own health condition and for CPPS research by enrolling in a clinical trial. You can find clinical trials in your area by going to ClinicalTrials.gov, and searching for "prostatitis", "chronic pelvic pain", "interstitial cystitis", "overactive bladder", or other conditions that may affect you.

Clinical trials for CPPS can consist of either trying a medical treatment under supervision (there is currently one comparing the effectiveness of the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol to Swedish massage), or simply giving a urine/saliva sample for analysis. I have enrolled in several trials; they have all been simple to complete, and I got free medical attention from some of the biggest experts in the field, who actually cared about treating me, since I was helping them.

CPPS research studies are slowed down because often, CPPS researchers aren't able to find enough patients to participate in their studies. The easiest way to help bring about a cure for CPPS is to flood these research studies with participants. If you have questions about a particular clinical trial, and want to hear other opinions on the safety/effectiveness of the treatment, feel free to ask, and someone on this board should be able to help you.

Again, the URL is ClinicalTrials.gov.

Also, if you know of research studies that are not listed on clinicaltrials.gov, let us know and we'll put up the link.
Started: Spring 2003; high urinary frequency and pain associated with bladder filling; urinary hesitancy and mild dribbling after urination; pubic/prostate/perineal discomfort; Helped by: Afrin nasal spray, Cymbalta (these meds help me if taken 3 days straight), hydrocodone (small doses), distraction, eliminating wheat/gluten from diet. Makes worse: sex.
Your question has probably come up before. Please use the search function.
Not medical advice. Consult your doctor.

User avatar
Posts: 9665
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:18 pm
Location: Please give your location so we can help better

Re: Enroll in a clinical trial!

Post by webslave » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Study Seeking Men and Women Who Suffer from Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain

Do you or someone you know suffer from symptoms of Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (”UCPPS") ? As with many chronic pain disorders, UCPPS, which includes both interstitial cystitis (IC) and chronic prostatitis (CP), is poorly understood and treatment is often not helpful. Patients with lC or CF are being recruited for a new study called the ”Trans—MAPP Study of Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain: Symptom Patterns Study (SPS). ” The goal of this study is to better understand why certain treatments work in some patients, but not others. If you qualify and agree to take part in this study, you may help doctors gain a better understanding of how IC and CP affect individuals’ overall health. To find out more about the Trans—MAPP SPS please contact the participating MAPP Clinical Center nearest you:

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Ml
Contact: Megan Halvorson (734)998-6839

Northwestern University - Chicago, lL
Contact: Darlene Marko (312) 695-3898

Washington University in St. Louis - St. Louis, MO
Contact: Vivien Gardner (314) 747-6192

University of Iowa - iowa City, IA
Contact: Mary Eno (319) 384-9265

University of Washington - Seattle, WA
Contact: Kelly Robertson (206) 708-8678
Stephanie Richey (206) 708—8672

UCLA / University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA
Contact: Suzanne Smith (310) 206-0310
Cara Kulbacki (310) 206-1757

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests